This was my second attempt at the dendritic technique. On the first try, I just put way too much paint on the plates, and ended up with almost solid coverage on my cardstock. :( So I tried it again, and used the paint more sparingly. Its amazing how a little goes a long way! :)
I cut the center part of my background out, and machine-stitched a layer of vellum to that. I suppose, in hindsight, I could have just stitched the vellum to the middle of the panel, but I didn't think of it at the time. I adhered my frame to a white card base, and inlaid the vellum/background panel inside it.
I stamped my ornaments with various dye/shadow inks. I stamped the ornament toppers & hooks with Jet Black archival ink onto silver shimmer cardstock, and die cut everything with the coordinating dies. For the branch, I colored the stamp on the branch part itself with a brown Tombow marker, spritzed it a couple of times with water, and stamped onto mixed media paper. I repeated with a green marker for the needles. Thank heavens for the MISTI, so I didn't have to struggle to get it placed right the second time! Finally, to tone down the white of the paper, I inked over the whole thing with Lucky Clover. I die cut it with the coordinating die, and inked a bit more around the edges with Lucky Clover, to camouflage the white edges of the paper.
I used liquid glue to adhere all my pieces to my card front. To "hang" the ornaments, I cut a small slit for each in the branch piece, and slipped the tops of the hooks into the slits, rather than just glue everything on top. I cut off the parts of the branch & yellow ornament that hung off the edge of the card. To finish, I stamped the greeting, also from "Holiday Style" in Jet Black ink onto the vellum, & heat set it.
Date: Saturday, October 28, 2017 GMT Views: 234