I embossed white cardstock with the retro 50's EF and covered with yellow acrylic paint. Once dry I used a sanding block on the raised areas to remove the paint and then sponged on bottle green ink - This made me think of some wall paper I had in my house in the late 60's early 70's so that's what I decided this was going to be . . . . Added some beige "carpet" to the bottom since we all had that!
Stamped my AI gal and colored with prisma pencils then paper pieced the chair and fussy cut the whole image. Set her into the retro living room with foam mounting tape. Stamped the sentiment in bottle green, tore around the edges and sponged a little more green on the torn edge to highlight.
Date: Monday, October 2, 2017 GMT Views: 219
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni SCS Gallery Moderator Splitcoast Challenge Hostess Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator
Registered: July 27, 2007 Location: Dublin, Ireland Posts: 81081
Mon, Oct 02, 2017 @ 11:17 AM
Just enjoying the last of my glass of wine after dinner :D. What a cool ef, I don't know that one.
Umm, I wouldn't have thought that the type of acrylic would make a difference. TBH none of mine say either matt or gloss, I've only seen that on the varnishes. For the samples, I mostly used cheapy craft acrylics. I think that all acrylics dry with a fairly waterproof finish because of their nature, so I would have thought that wiping any of them with a baby-wipe should lift any dye ink off. But I can't say that yours looks at all smeared to me, either!