I made this card for the letter W Alphabet Challenge for wishing and wonderful. I used a Hero Arts multi-step hibiscus stamp to make this card. The thing lacking with the Hero Arts Multi-layer stamps compared to the Altenew layer stamps is there is no outline stamp. So, I took the fine tip of a marker and outlined each hibiscus flower to make to stand out a little more. However, by doing this, I unknowingly got ink on my hands and that ink transferred all over this card. I was in a time crunch to make this card for the alphabet challenge and put it in the mail for my SIL, so I had to think fast. I ended up adding 2 flowers in the lower corner to cover up all the ink smudges there, then I used sequins to cover up the smaller smudges. LOL. Once the image was stamped, then I used a smaller rectangle die to cut a frame. The outside frame is mounted up on 3M mounting tape so it is higher up than the image panel in the middle is. Thanks for looking. ~Karen.
Date: Wednesday, March 1, 2017 GMT Views: 618
Registered: February 5, 2007 Location: St. Louis, MO Posts: 68570
Wed, Mar 01, 2017 @ 8:29 PM
Your multiple stamping of the hibiscus flowers is SO well done. Not only is the placement perfect, but choosing just the right colors of ink to give depth and variation is just as important. Trtuly a bright and stunning card, Karen.