Challenge card: Twine Inlay
This card 'morphed' quite a few times during the process and did not turn out in ANY way like my original conception . . . . I started by doing a blue & hot pink watercolor wash for the front piece then die cut the SB Vines of Passion Heart (for valentines). Since I didn't have baker's twine I decided to use rows of embroidery floss for the inlay. Part way into the process I laid on my top piece but just didn't like the look of it SO scrapped that and tried a fresh top sheet splattering it with fucshia & gold acrylic paint and cut a simple oval to frame the inlaid floss. Since i DID like the viney part from the original heart I finagled to make it work in my new oval shape. Dragged my black ink pad over the edge of the top layer & stamped & embossed the flourish. Added my die cut greeting & a fucshia gem.
So this morphed from a valentine to something that looks like an Easter egg to hopefully just a general all occasion card . . .and it ONLY took me 5 hours to do - LOL
Date: Monday, January 9, 2017 GMT Views: 713