I finally got around to making Ann's fun angel. I decided to do an ornament and wanted a monochromatic, country feel to it so I went with a dictionary page. I cut my body first and when I went to form it realized I'd cut it upside down. So, I threw the template back down and cut another. That left me with two triangular pieces and I decided to roll those-insert one into the other and then bend that to make the arms. I like the way the border along the page looks like cuffs on the sleeves. I cut my wings out of brown packing paper (nice and flat since I used it as my ironing medium for another challenge). The head is Vanilla and the halo is from gold copy paper. I cut my wings apart and tilted the angle a bit. I pleated my body at first but ended up rolling it and overlapping one scallop as Ann suggested. I used glue dots to adhere my twine hanger and then cut an oval out of book print to cover over the twine and the exposed wing back. I used a shimmer spray over the whole angel and though you can see a hint of it in the photo it is very shimmery IRL.
Date: Friday, October 28, 2016 GMT Views: 326