Such a fun challenge! I haven't pressed any leaves in a long time, so I gave it another try.
So....what I learned from trying to run various leaves/flowers thru my Big Shot..
1. English Ivy leaves do not work. At all.
2. Geranium leaves really don't work much better.
3. Sweet potato vine leaves work too well. They make a mess.
4. Geranium petals work, but they also make a mess & they do not want to release from the paper.
5. Japanese maple leaves work perfectly! But after the mess of #3 & #4, I put everything between paper towels & funny enough, the paper towel impressions look the best!
For my card, I used the 110# white c/s impression for the top layer & the larger one done on plain ol' 24# copy paper. Added a couple of dusty purple layers & a few die cut purple leaves (to cover an unfortunate embossing incident w/ the stitched die), & a greeting.
Thanks so much for looking! If you'll ck out my blog post here: The Write Stuff I have pics of all the different things I pressed on all the different papers. You'll see what I mean about the paper towels!
Date: Monday, August 29, 2016 GMT Views: 1753
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni SCS Gallery Moderator Splitcoast Challenge Hostess Teapot Tuesday TEAm
Registered: July 27, 2007 Location: Dublin, Ireland Posts: 103422
Mon, Aug 29, 2016 @ 11:04 PM
Julie!!!! I was going to say that flower-arranging must be in your skill set, but perhaps your persistence in experimenting helped. This is fantastic. What a perfect sentiment to pair with the little falling leaves.
I was going to say that I think I've used ivy in the past, but on reflection I probably inked it instead of just taking a leaf print. Off to look at your blog as soon as I finish commenting.
Registered: February 5, 2007 Location: St. Louis, MO Posts: 75790
Tue, Aug 30, 2016 @ 8:23 AM
Beautiful card, Julie....and thanks for all your observations about your experiments. Most helpful. These Japanese maple leaves turned out beautifully and I love the soft green and lavender you ended up with.