I was inspired by this art print from today's inspiration site EcoCycled. I had envisioned something much cleaner and simpler for my final card, but things just kept rolling. I wanted to try the vintage watercolor look, but I was working on dictionary paper and lost so much detail. I overstamped, but wasn't lined up perfectly. I added stickles to the wings and lost more detail yet. I tried a black marker for detail, but wound up using my Indigo marker. I was trying a Mixed Media stain on the page, but it was darker than I planned so I went back and added some watery blue. I spattered some copper on it and along the edges so I decided I wanted to add the copper cord....even that got away from me. I was about to hand write a sentiment but chickened out and ended up doing the illegible loose handwriting from yesterday's mixability challenge. I rolled my edges (adding some stain to the backside to match color wise and also distressed by Bermuda Bay piece. In retrospect, I wish I'd gone with an A2 size as the scale of my dragonflies feels off to me.
Date: Saturday, August 20, 2016 GMT Views: 1095
Registered: July 19, 2010 Location: Conway, MA Posts: 6559
Sat, Aug 20, 2016 @ 6:08 PM
Gail, I know what you mean when you have those ideas in your head, and it materializes into something different. However, I see nothing wrong with this lovely card. I really like how the dragonflies turned out, they complement the vintage feel of the dictionary bg with your script. I also like how you rolled the page edges. This reminds me of my Grammy's bible with her handwritten notes in the pages.