See cover for more details. So, I have this lovely lady with a golden detailed gown and she needs a rather dramatic background. I received the copic airbrush system in the Secret Elf swap - so what better time to experiment than the present. I masked the lady a blew some pale green around her head, then added a circle mask and using lighter shades of blue-green made the midnight sky and dark horizon. The inks are actually darker and deeper than the pic shows, with a pale yellow-lime moon behind the geisha's head. To make the garden I found a floral that sort of looked Asian and stamped in black. I purposely kept the garden stamps covered up by the front panel so that it would be a "reveal" when the card is opened. The sentiment was included with the stamping from Imke.
When I was lying in bed thinking about the finished card last night it occurred to me that it would have been a lot easier if I just used the inside panel for a front cover and matted it with some nice papers, but, it was already taped tight...and I already had that neat front panel... sometimes we get stuck going down one road when another road would be shorter. Oh, well, this card goes to Vickie. I hope you don't mind my learning curve.
As for the airbrushing, it didn't come out as soft and smooth as I had hoped. A lot more effort than just wisping color across the page. I don't think it will become one of my go-to techniques. Interesting to try but not stunning.
Thanks for listening to my journey. I hope you enjoy the card. All comments welcomed.
Date: Sunday, January 3, 2016 GMT Views: 527