For the Toy Story VSBN challenge #5 Barbie Dream House: describe the process you used to build your dream layout.
1. I started with a sketch, which strongly influenced the elements I added to the layout.
2. The color scheme was influenced by the Washi tape I used for the diagonals.
3. Added a bright patterned paper as a pop of color.
4. Used a journaling card in place of the notepaper on the sketch, and decided to use the coordinating stickers, too.
5. The black stripe on the journaling card influenced me to make the banner and journaling black.
6. Couldn't find a star on my Cricut cartridges that had just an outline, so I had to learn how to use the center point function on my Cricut to get the star cut-out!
7. I wanted a title that reflected the excitement my dogs feel when they tear around the yard full speed, so "Pure Joy" seemed appropriate.
8. My final touch: a bit of journaling, just in case others didn't get the title!
Date: Monday, October 12, 2015 GMT Views: 251