I had a lot of fun making this one and can't wait to send it to my married DD and SIL who have just closed on their first house. It is a row house in Philly and because they were buying from a non-profit organization, the sale took FOREVER! Now they're waiting on floors to get stripped and refinished and then they'll get to move in!
Birgit offered us a technique for the mixability challenge today. I'm not sure I did it quite right, but I'm lovin' the results! I tore a piece of watercolor paper and spritzed both sides with water. I smooshed my distress ink pads onto acetate then got them good and wet. I laid my paper down into the ink. I crumpled the paper and went over the raised parts with the darker ink. I gave these a good spritz again as the color was too distinct from the rest. I then stamped my clocks in grey and glued the row houses on before embossing the piece in a script ef. I sponged Suede over the raised areas. I embossed both the base and bg blue s well. I added a piece of crocheted lace with burlap string threaded through it. I stamped my sentiment using various alphabet stamps.
Date: Friday, September 19, 2014 GMT Views: 1296