This adventure took several hours to pull together. I began by brayering the sky in yellow, orange and rust. I masked off the sun with a one inch circle. A small panel was sponged in blues for the oceans and a white gel pen and stickles formed the wave caps. The 'sand' was another venture into the world of that modeling..ummm..stuff that weighs about 6 pounds unless you use it sparingly. Which I usually don't. After, I cut 2 each of the cattails and grass borders to serve as sea grass and oats. I got that idea from Kittie as well! I'd seen her use it in a beach scene before...Ty Kittie! I colored them by sponging with green and brown distress inks and, in what I consider great personal success, forcibly restrained myself from the overwhelming impulse to use stickles to brighten them up (yeah..I have no idea what the devil THAT impulse had to do with) by occupying both hands with baked goods. The seagulls were the final touch, stuck in place with glue dots. This is also going into the IO challenge 'Nautical Theme'.
Date: Thursday, July 24, 2014 GMT Views: 1541