First I created the background by dabbing Lumiere (an acrylic paint medium) onto glossy cardstock with a piece of crunched saran wrap. I found that keeping the paper/foam lid seal from inside the Lumiere jar I could use that seal to smear a thin layer of Lumiere on an old plastic stamp box lid for the perfect palette. I then dabbed scrunched saran wrap to transfer a thin layer of Lumiere to my glossy cardstock for a light shimmery crackled background coat. (It has such a beautiful sheen to it in real life). Work quickly because the Lumiere tends to dry fast. When the background was dry (didn't take long because I applied it thin) I stamped the image using a black Staz-On inkpad. I then cut masks from thin copy paper to use to add color using my classic pads and sponge daubers. I cut out 2 masks. One negative and one positive image of the watering can and shovel. (I also had to cut the piece that is inside of the watering can handle separately to use with the negative mask) I used the negative mask to add color inside the watering can and to the shovel. I used the positive mask to cover the can & shovel to add always artichoke to the background. I did not mask the flowerpots except that I covered the watering can and shovel and then I just carefully daubed color to flower pots. For the pots I first sponged them with more mustard then with rose red over that. The pitcher and shovel were sponged with going gray. The background on the faux mother of pearl rectangle is always artichoke. The dirt and shadows were created with a close to cocoa marker and blender pen. The flower stems were colored with my always artichoke marker and the shovel handle was colored with both my always artichoke marker and a blender pen to highlight. For the card background I stamped the linen with always artichoke ink over certainly celery cardstock.
Date: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 GMT Views: 1707