As DS#2 and DDIL are environmentally responsible, I thought that the monthly CTO challenge would be a good jumping off point for their Valentine card...and Birgit's Mix-Ability challenge dovetailed nicely.
The large heart was cut from a styrofoam egg carton, as were the outer and inner molds for the modeling paste heart in the center. I first painted the large heart with red and pink acrylics and brushed on random spots of silver Inca Gold, then molded the paste heart and added microbeads. While drying I cut and painted the Nestie frame. Glued foil from a Kahlua chocolate bar onto a CS square and embossed with TH Demask EF, then mounted the frame. Ran the Primrose card through the big shot with the cutting plate (I didn't get an even pattern. Would love suggestions to improve the impression). PC generated the sentiment, mounted all and done. PT - 5
Thanks Birgit and Lydia for the creative pushes - it may not be beautiful, but it was a lot of fun to make this card. Thank you all for looking and have a peaceful day.
Date: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 GMT Views: 979
Registered: January 20, 2010 Location: Brampton, Ontario Posts: 19703
Wed, Feb 12, 2014 @ 5:49 AM
Thanks so much for the details of the making of your terrific Valentine! It is miles beyond what I would have the courage to attempt. I think it is beautiful and the textures on the surfaces and the paints look marvellous. Great use of found materials!