After having fun with him last year I decided to do another since gabby sent me a piece of wonderful burlap which has a backing for die cutting. I knew I had to do a star with it. Thanks gabby! The image was scanned after stamping to tone down the black and colored with copics and pencils. Enamel accents were added to the drum. Tiny threads are laced through the shoes and stitches surround the patches. A added a technique I learned on how to tear a ragged hole in paper. I edged the tear with mini eyelets and laced it together. When I saw Linda's challenge today, I decided to finally finish this up.
Thanks for stopping.
Date: Thursday, January 23, 2014 GMT Views: 1065
Registered: February 5, 2007 Location: St. Louis, MO Posts: 70370
Thu, Jan 23, 2014 @ 5:13 PM
Oh my, Nancy.......this is beyond words! Your attention to the tiniest detail is mind-boggling. The "poverty" feeling permeates the whole composition from the somber color palette to the "mended" tear. I'm breathless. : )