This is my second card for the MIX29 challenge, to make something cracked and something stitched. While the stamping on the frame isn't EXACTLY stitching, I'm gonna pretend it is, okay?
I used the glue+acrylic paint method to create my crackled background on the other end of the same piece of mat board I used for my first card. The Inkadinkado Bottle Row image was stamped with black Stazon and colored with Distress Markers, with a touch of gold Gelly Roll Stardust pen in the flower centers.
To make the frame, I stamped the Hero Arts Curl Pattern bg with VersaMark and adhered to self-adhesive craft foam cut to size. I cut the frame using an SB die, attached the focal image with Scor-Tape and glossy accents, and added a second piece of foam on the back.
I added an MFT flourish and an SB Blossoms Three flower. The flower was sponged with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink. I colored the middle of the flower with black Wink of Stella, added some gold Gelli roll Stardust pen and bunches of tiny dots with a Black Soot Distress Marker. There's a little "oops" where the paper was wet, but I decided to go with it anyway. I was going to try to match it on the other petals, but feared making an even bigger mess. Because that's how I roll, lol!
As always, thanks for looking!
Date: Sunday, August 18, 2013 GMT Views: 1031