Ok, I was messin' around with my Tim Holtz ~ Ranger Dye inks (antique photo & tea stain) and I got this... more or less... ok with a little bit of tweaking... It seriously looks like leather... I think that it's great for a MANLY MAN CARD
Ok, a few have asked how... I don't think it's ever been explained cause I just sat down and did it...... it's not masking tape or liquid applique... it's just those inks.
What I did... (hopefully I can explain)"
1. I took Shimmery white and crumpled it (a lot!) then smoothed it out and lightly misted it with water.
2. then I stamped with the Ranger inks listed. All over and wet. To fill in and darken I used the wide watercolor brush rubbed on the ink pad and applied to the paper.
3. As the paper dried out I kept dry brushing the color especially over all the crinkles and wrinkles... and I got this cool looking paper.
4. Still I kept thinking smooth finished glossy leather... so I lightly versamarked the whole piece and clear embossed it. (That's it!)
5. The "leather" flowers where just punched pieces laying around my stamp table so I directly put them on the stamp pad pushing down in the middle to be a little darker there ~ then spritzed with water and added a little more ink here and there with my brush... clear embossed them too...
Date: Saturday, March 4, 2006 GMT Views: 3042