I finally got around to making a card for the first Mixability Challenge. For this challenge we were supposed to use on matte medium and one shiny medium. For my matte, I found a piece of dp in my scraps and painted yellow acrylic paint on it. After the paint dried, I stamped the image in versamark and heat embossed with black ep for the shiny medium. I cut the image with the Nestabilities Labels 26 and matted it on old olive using another one of the Labels 26 dies. I had just enough of the dp to put on the front of the card. The sentiment is also embossed with black ep. I added a couple flowers I found in my stash.
Sorry for the bad scan. Couldn't find the camera.
Date: Sunday, February 10, 2013 GMT Views: 1001
Registered: October 23, 2005 Location: well, duh! Posts: 13496
Mon, Feb 11, 2013 @ 2:52 AM
I think it turned out great. Your paint over your patterned paper is a lovely effect - I like that you can still see the pattern of the paper beneath. The position of your butterfly draws your attention down to those pretty flowers and then right over to the sentiment. It's a great design! Good for you for stretching yourself and trying something new!!!
Registered: April 14, 2009 Location: in my own little PINK sparkly world Posts: 12213
Mon, Feb 11, 2013 @ 8:45 AM
great job...love the bright cheerful colors...you did good on the mix challenge and if you only have 1 to do to catch up...teehee...since it's a new challenge...the yellow is a great bg for your butterfly