For the fifth and last mini-vsn challenge, we're to try soot stamping. I remember doing this technique years and years ago, and I still have the card I'd made. I should have taken a picture of that one! See, I'd purchased the wrong fixative. That image is still out in the garage (stinks), drying. I tried it again, and used a patch of clear laminate film. It didn't adhere, because the soot kept it from sticking, until I ran it through the cuttlebug with the rubber embossing mat. It adhered, but buckled. I glued it down under a frame. It's still a little warped.
Too much mess and trouble.
Date: Friday, November 9, 2012 GMT Views: 707
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni SCS Gallery Moderator Splitcoast Challenge Hostess Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator
Registered: July 27, 2007 Location: Dublin, Ireland Posts: 80127
Sat, Nov 10, 2012 @ 2:23 AM
Oh dear - I'm sorry you had mess and trouble :-(, but your picture looks just great! Using the laminate was a neat idea, I like to do that with some of the glitter techniques to contain the glitter. And I have the same problem that it doesn't stick. I think your frog was a great choice of stamp and makes for a super masculine card.