The technique to use acrylic blocks to make a background has some amazing, artistic results in the gallery. When I saw it I thought I would try it. And try it I did and failed 17 times. I have a post on my blog showing all the failures.
What made the difference was my friend Pam encouraged me to not give up. I also covered up on of the uneven edges with raffia.(love hiding mistakes). And I also relaxed. I was determined to just do it. No matter if it was another failure I was going to finish the card and post it. Then when I was don, I saw the imperfections, but I really liked how it turned out. The butterfly has crayon resist on it's wings.
Date: Thursday, October 18, 2012 GMT Views: 1053
Registered: May 10, 2006 Location: Westminster, CO Posts: 25405
Thu, Oct 18, 2012 @ 4:14 PM
Well, my friend...I do believe this is one of my favorite ones in the gallery for this technique. I had imperfections, too! Love the colors and how the edge of that ink looks...beautiful with the crackle bg and LOVE those flowers. Way to keep trying:) BTW, I made the witch hats!
------------------------------ Be the reason someone smiles today!