I think this has a vintage feel, even though it has no distressing and no vintage embellishments. I started with the focal image, which is a spray of flowers from Rubbernecker, stamped in a square that has a border from a set made to be used with Nestabilities squares. I stamped a damask BG on white 24 lb. bond, tore it unevenly, glued it onto VV CS and embossed using an embossing folder. Then I started making bits and pieces in soft neutrals and playing around until things looked resolved and balanced. That process took a while but it's the kind of thing I really enjoy - shifting things, walking away for a while, coming back and seeing how I feel. I know when I do this kind of card that there's going to be a point where I feel I have to say enough already and glue everything down and I'll do it, even though part of me is still wondering if everything is exactly where it should be. This morning I looked at it and it looked pretty good, so I got out my camera and here it is. Thanks for looking!
Date: Saturday, September 8, 2012 GMT Views: 1306