I much prefer paper flowers! or maybe fabric. even ribbon.
For this TLC challenge, we're to make a dryer sheet flower. Wow! Harder than I thought. I cut the used dryer sheet using nesties and two (2!) shims in my cuttlebug. I sprayed the die cuts with smooch spritz, used a black copic marker for the center, and assembled them with a brad. I even did leaves. It took a long time to dry, and still left my fingers inkier than usual while working with it.
I couldn't think of a suitable card base, so used an experiment from today's CAS challenge. But, do you think I could get the flower to adhere? Two applications of mono glue and a few glue dots later, I've a shaky stickem working. Teflon dryer sheet!
Okay, the card base: I've this very old ruffle border su! stamp. VERY old. It's mounted on foam rubber. Hey! Still works fine. I did a little stamping, masking and sponging.
Date: Monday, June 18, 2012 GMT Views: 762
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni SCS Gallery Moderator Splitcoast Challenge Hostess Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator
Registered: July 27, 2007 Location: Dublin, Ireland Posts: 81075
Mon, Jun 18, 2012 @ 9:52 AM
It certainly shouldn't be your one and only, last ever! I think that shape looks really lovely, and the ruffled border stamps is fantastic. I like that your leaves are also from the dryer sheet.
I found that cutting it with a sheet of copy paper between it and the dies worked perfectly.