Here is the project that I made for the Creative Crew challenge to use items from page 216 of the catalog (wood sheets, magnet sheets, cork etc.). I had just bought these wood sheets to try this idea out so I thought it would be perfect to share!
This is one of those ideas where it almost works out exactly as I had planned out in my head.
I used the Stars #2 die and cut 3 stars, 2 wood and one from the thin cardboard that comes in the DSP.
I stamped on both wood stars with the Fine Flourish stamp in Early Espresso ink. Then I gave each star a light coat of Modge Podge to seal them. The ink actually bled a bit from the Modge Podge but I like the worn look it give the pattern. I think Crystal Effects would give the same look but I didn't have any on hand.
After they were dry I used Tombow multi glue to sandwich the 2 wood stars on either side of the cardboard one. I stacked a few of my larger clear mount blocks on top while they dried to make sure all the points adhered.
Next I wrapped Sticky Strip all the way around the star making sure to press the Sticky Strip down into the angles. I took off the backing and then covered the Sticky Strip with a healthy dose of Glass Glitter. I pressed the Glass Glitter in with my fingers and filled in any bare spots.
I used the Crop-a-dile to make the hole at the top for the hanger. The CAD cut through these 3 layers like butter!
I added a Very Vanilla length of 3/8" taffeta ribbon through the hole for the hanger.
I plan to make a lot more of these to give as teacher gifts next Christmas! Trying to get ahead of the game!
Thanks for looking! Come play along with us this month.
Date: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 GMT Views: 1019