Although the coloring took a while, the design was done to show off the image.
The fish was colored using Copics (of course). I used BV0000, 000, 00, 01 and 02 for the purples and tried to blend them into the greens on the fins. For the scales I used a technique I use on a lot of mermaids. I color the entire thing with BG10, and then lightly layer slightly darker and darker toward the inside of every scale (BG11, 13). I smooth over with the BG10. I tried to give some shading so I went a little darker on the underside of the fish in general. Once the scaling is done, I went over it all with YG11.