The butterfly was born out of an experiment. I thought I could clear-emboss the En franšais background on a piece of transparency and then rub some shimmer paint on the back to create an emboss resist look. Unfortunately, the transparency I used was a leftover piece from a cover sheet I had cut at work and it couldn't withstand the heat of the embossing tool and warped. I had planned on placing it down on my card front but then thought I could salvage the piece by die-cutting it with the butterfly die. The warping gives the wing shapes, so it sort of worked out!
The background was created by embossing images on a piece of Old Olive cardstock using our new Melon Mambo embossing powder. Love the look!