Here's the card I made for my dear Mother-in-law -- hope she likes it!
The card front is dry embossed with a Quickutz ef called Frame. I embossed another frame, cut out the center oval and pop-dotted it to the cardfront. The flower was made with mulberry paper. I stacked 10 small squares of pink mulberry, made a stitch through the center with some thread and then die cut the stack using a Blossom Nestie. I did this twice, once using the 2nd smallest Blossom die, and once using the 3rd. After the stack was die cut, I clipped through the stack of flowers at intervals to create separate petals. Then the smaller flower stack was added to the top of the larger flower stack with a glue dot. A quick spritz of water, some fluffing of the layers with my fingers and the flower was done. Two sets of leaves were cut from green mulberry paper using a Sizzix die called Leaves.
After glueing the flower and leaf fronds to the oval, I realized that I had too much white space showing below the flower. In desperation I took a square of scrap paper, punched the eyelet lace corner with a MS punch, traced & then cut a partial oval frame shape; the fancy teardrop shape resulted. A scrap of green mulberry was added to the back to show off the punch detailing. I was able to slip this panel underneath the flower and hide where it connected with the petals. Whew, all that work to cover up a misplaced flower! The small oval sentiment was added to balance out the the design.