It's been a long time since I used the Faux Cloisonné technique, so when I was thinking of more ways to use embossing powder, I thought I'd use it. I didn't seem to manage to stamp my blue image on as much a shaded piece of magazine as I thought I had, but otherwise it turned out well.
Stamped the Morning Glory with Versamark 3 times, once on a patch of sky on a magazine page, once on some green mountains and grass and once on the BG paper. Each time I embossed with gold EP. I cut out the flowers and leaves (had to shut the window, even in this heat, to stop those tiny little bits blowing around!) and assembled them on the BG. Stamped around it with an ODBD frame, and cut it out.
I used more BG for the base, with a flourish stamped in brown, and the edges sponged. I had some wide ribbon that was a perfect colour match, although I hate tying it in bows. I added a yellow button with gold twine through it. Popped the image panel up on foam. It was still missing something, so I took the image panel off, stamped the second flourish and added a little butterfly punched from a scrap of polished stone card, and with flourishes stamped over it to add impact to the wings.
To me there's too much going on, but DH says that even though it has ribbon (big concession from him) he likes it.
I've just realised that this also fits the CCEE Summer challenge to use flowers and/or floral ribbon. It's been too long since I managed to play along, despite my best intentions.
Date: Thursday, June 24, 2010 GMT Views: 420