Thanks for all your comments. Funny you should ask about the ribbon. That is what took me over an hour figuring out how to do it. I'll try to explain what I did, but I don't know that it will make any sense!
1. Cut out the dress after the adding the DD.
2. Cut 5 pieces of ribbon about the same size and laid them all face down.
3. Using mini glue dots, folded in both corners of the top (from front view) piece.
4. The next 2 pieces, I only folded the inside corner and adhered to the top piece.
5. Stuck the back 2 on, then wrapped the 4 remaining corners of ribbon around the back and stuck w/ more glue dots.
5. Finished by wrapping 3/8 organdy ribbon around the waste to cover the seams and tacked in back. Used dimensionals to put full dress on card.