1. This is my card for today's CCEE Monday Challenge! We have a new Challenge Hostess this month, DawnL. Of course Dawn would assign us a technique challenge!
2. I have decided that the problem I have with techniques is basically with the word "technique". The word technique implies you have to stamp with an iron that is made to iron clothes with, stamp with crayons that were made for little kids to color the walls with, stamp with clorox that is made to stay within the confines of a washing machine, stamp using plans, blueprints and templates that were made for building a house with and so on and so on. You get my drift.
3. A couple of months in a row my fellow CCEEer's have assigned technique challenges and after I got over the initial shock of having to do a technique, I actually had fun. That's what makes me think the word "technique" is the problem. So I'm not calling them techniques anymore, I'm calling them tricks. Doesn't that sound like more fun? A trick doesn't sound complicated, detailed or scary! It just sounds fun!
4. Today we are doing what is called the Modern Grid Technique. See what I mean? It sounds scary to me! The word "Modern" makes you think you might have to be enrolled in college to "get it", the word "Grid" alone makes you break out in a cold sweat and the word "Technique"? Well, you know how I feel about that word! It's really just a trick. We are tricking people into thinking we stamped our images on top of our squares sorta like masking or sumthin' when all we really did was stamp our images randomly and draw lines in later. And the ruler does all the work! Tee Hee!
5. Shhh! Don't tell anyone, its fun to make everyone think we are "Masters of the Technique" when really all we did was a "Trick of the Trade"! Snort! To see the other CCEE cards or if you feel like being tricky with us check out the simple instructions here. Join us and be a "Master" right along with us! Snort!
Date: Monday, July 6, 2009 GMT Views: 773
Registered: March 9, 2005 Location: OH Posts: 27323
Mon, Jul 06, 2009 @ 4:56 AM
Cindy, I love your card and your explanation! Do you suppose SCS would change their Monday challenge to have it be called Trick Loving Fun or something like that? I tell my students that I'm going to teach them a 'trick' and they are all 'ears' to see what it is.........you've got a point.
Registered: June 18, 2007 Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota Posts: 4865
Mon, Jul 06, 2009 @ 5:07 AM
Cindy, I LOVE your card!!! Your story is so You! What fun. Well, you did a great job learning this TRICK!!! hee hee. This is such a cheerful fun card. I love the crystal effects squares. Why have I not ordered Tart N Tangy yet??? I need to do that... it is so cute!
Registered: May 5, 2006 Location: Hillsboro OR Posts: 11404
Mon, Jul 06, 2009 @ 11:56 AM
its been months since I've seen anything by you in the galllery....where have I BEEN?? oh yea....working....RATS!! But this one jumped out at me and when I looked at who made it I couldn't believe my eyes! I love the grid TRICK...very cool!! Does it kind of remind you of the Partridge Family logo?? ahahhahah OH NO....I'm dating myself now!! I went to your gallery and actually got lost for about 30 min....better get back to house work!!
------------------------------ We cannot do great things, only small things with great love.
Registered: June 21, 2006 Location: Still getting giddy over paper and ink in Colorful Colorado! Posts: 14238
Mon, Jul 06, 2009 @ 9:01 PM
Cindy, I love your tricky technique, and the fact that you are overcoming your fear of the word and finding a way to circumvent your anxieties...just pull up a chair and talk to Tricky Traci...hee...I used to get called that, what a dumb nickname , huh?? Your card is perfect for this technique, love the cool colors and your grid is of course, perfectly laid out!
Registered: July 1, 2007 Location: small town near montreal, quebec Posts: 26810
Tue, Jul 07, 2009 @ 5:06 AM
How so pretty, you got me wanting to try this grid techn...I mean, trick now Cindy. Yours is so beautiful and filled with sunshine just like that pretty little head of yours. Hugs, you made me laugh again! Going to check out what's going on at the party now! See ya!