The process I use is pretty simple. I stamp the image using Black Stazon. Then using my pastels/chalks and a blender pen (used), I fill in the colors I want. (A brand new blender pen, can remove the stazon if it is really wet so I use one that has some wear and is dryer.) Then I use Krylon Matt Sealer and apply 3-4 light coats. Be sure to dry between. (Glossy sealers can cause the stazon to run slightly).
For the back, I cut cork to fit the tile and use our sticky tape to adher the cork. I have tried spray adhesive and it just doesn't stick as well. You need a really strong adhesive that will bond ceramic and cork. There are other adhesives in the market that I have heard work really well such as gorilla glue.
Registered: January 14, 2004 Location: enjoying retired life in FL! Posts: 23902
Thu, Jul 07, 2005 @ 10:09 PM
well, how about that...I keep meaning to try this one on a tile but it just didn't seem large enough however I think yours looks just fine! One of my coworkers just got married at a castle in Scotland...guess what SHE will be getting from me soon!