I learned this card a few years ago from my SU demo (now my upline). Here are the basic instructions:
1. Take an A-2 size envelope (our usual card size) and seal shut the bottom AND sides of the flap.
2. Cut off about 2" from one SIDE of the envelope. This will be the top of the "gift." Decorate the two parts of the envelope - front and back, too - as desired. (I used two different colored envelopes for this card.)
3. Crimp the larger piece of the envelope. Be sure the opening faces to the side when you crimp so the crimped lines run up and down.
4. Use the rectangle punch to make two notches in the top (closed) edge of the smaller envelope piece. Thread ribbon through holes from the inside and tie bow. Use cord to attach small tag to bow.
5. Make card to fit inside envelope. Mine is about 4 1/4" x 4 1/4". Put the card in the larger piece of envelope (the card should stick up a bit) and then slip on the top.
Date: Sunday, June 26, 2005 GMT Views: 585