Well! I thought today's Limited Supplies Challenge was going to be a major "stretch" just for me to figure out what would be a "stretch" for me stampingly. (No, you are not reading Dr Suess, he.) What I decided to do is turn to my own SCS gallery and see if I could figure out where I could "stretch" myself as Judy encourages us to do in today's challenge. You can find that challenge along with the gallery for the challenge cards here... http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...d.php?t=418976
Here is what I discovered...
1. I ALWAYS punch something (no, not my DH! silly! ON MY CARDS, he.) I almost punched for this one, thus the circle of DSP in the picture... I just had to include it somehow.
2. I ALMOST ALWAYS use ribbon. LOVE it! So I fought the urge but I still think my card NEEDS it. he.
3. I NEVER water color and ALMOST NEVER use images that need a to be colored in. I am absolutely in love with these adorable little Whiff of Joy images. I received them in a RAK and decided to use my brand spankin' new COPICS (got'em for Christmas.)
4. I have a TON OF PRIMAS (seriously, my Prima storage weighs nearly a ton) and just never use them like I should.
5. I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to use my embossing folders/templates more often. I've had my BShot for nearly two years now and I just don't emboss like I like to. Now since SU! has added a few to their new catty, well... just watch out! I'm going to be embossing DD's hair if they'd sit still long enough. he!
Date: Friday, February 13, 2009 GMT Views: 329
Registered: May 5, 2006 Location: Hillsboro OR Posts: 11062
Fri, Feb 13, 2009 @ 9:28 AM
look at the flowers on the bottoms of her pant legs..........did you ever have pants w/ flowers on the legs???? Come on.....Tell the Truth.....YOu DID....I KNEW IT!! I loved my pants w/ flowers on them and this little gal just brought back wonderful memories!! Great job!!
------------------------------ We cannot do great things, only small things with great love.
Registered: January 17, 2006 Location: Somewhere in MN, trying to find all the lost mittens..... Posts: 4920
Fri, Feb 13, 2009 @ 10:40 AM
Oh, I know what you mean about using ribbon.... but your card is delightful without it! We should all "stretch ourselves" more often! I like the simple layout and the beautifully colored image. Great job.
------------------------------ My Etsy Shop ~ merchantships --Here is a
Coupon code for 15% off - SPLIT15 BLOG -- Lisa