Oh the irony! I just completed some cards for a card swap (case the catty), and then took a look at today's challenge and realized my card would work for it! The point of the swap is to case a card from the new Spring/Summer catty.
One of my cards was page 85-B. You can see that I pretty much did the same layout, but I changed the colors and some of the accessories. I think it's hard to tell in the photo, but the pot for the flowers is actually completely cut out and adhered onto the stamped image.
Ironically, this is the only card I have with the cut out image. At first, I couldn't figure out how to get the words in the pot without making a mess of the stamped image. So, I was thinking I was going to have to stamp the flowers in the pot once on the main cardstock, and then stamp them a second time on scrap cardstock. Then, stamp the words on the scrap cardstock, cut the pot out, and adhere it to the main image.
I did that once and thankfully realized I could use the left overs from the cut out image as sort of a stencil. Thank heavens I figured that out early on!
I hope you like it!
Date: Monday, February 9, 2009 GMT Views: 908