This months Challenge at MFT forum is to create something with bling...to show off our personality. I wanted to create these Cancer Awareness Reminders in ATC form so I could pass them out to friends. I used flowers and Sakura pens to show sparkle and bright DP paper, because I LOVE bright colors! Thanks for looking
Date: Saturday, January 10, 2009 GMT Views: 253
Registered: July 25, 2004 Location: Hog Wallow, KY Posts: 36930
Sun, Jan 11, 2009 @ 8:26 AM
This is just a wonderful card and a great idea. Do you have a copy of the exam sheet. I would like to steal your idea! I have several co-workers who have just had surgery for breast cancer and we have been doing fun raisers and walk a thons, etc. I think these would be great to pass out at these events. Any help appreciated.
Registered: November 20, 2004 Location: Harker Heights, Texas Posts: 3812
Mon, Jan 12, 2009 @ 6:44 AM
Hi Tonya, Here is the examination. This is taken from the Mayo Clinic website. Fabulous idea. Thanks for your kind comments. chris:)
Breast self-exam using a clock pattern
1. Visualize your breast as the face of a clock.
2. Place your left hand behind your head and examine your left breast with your right hand.
3. Place your right hand at 12 o'clock — at the very top of your breast.
4. Press the pads of your three middle fingers firmly on your breast in a slight circling, massaging motion.
5. Move your hand down to 1 o'clock, then 2 o'clock, continuing until you return to 12 o'clock.
6. Continue in the same pattern, moving your hand in smaller circles toward your nipple.
7. Check the tissue under the nipple and look for discharge.
8. Check the tissue under your armpit and surrounding your breast.
9. Place your right hand behind your head and repeat the examination on your right breast using your left hand.