Registered: May 4, 2004 Location: Indiana Posts: 214
Sun, May 08, 2005 @ 5:32 PM
Here are the instructions as requested. Please note that there are several versions of these pins, and this is exactly how I made my pins above. Kelli Purkey has some amazing samples that inspired me!
1. Stamp the image with Black Stazon onto Ultrasmooth White cardstock.
2. Color the image with markers, then cut out very carefully.
3. Brush Aleene's Tacky Glue onto the back of the piece and attach to another piece of Ultrasmooth cardstock.
4. Cut out layered piece. You can add another layer if desired; however, I only used 2 layers in my examples.
5. Take a black marker and color the edges of the pin so that no white is showing.
6. Once the paper has stiffened, spray the front and back with Krylon Triple Thick Crystal Clear Glaze. Allow to dry sufficiently between coats and be prepared to do multiple coats (I lost count). You will know that you have enough when the pin is stiff and shiny.
7. Do one final coat of spray to the front of the pin only, then embellish with microbeads, rhinestones, glitter, etc.
8. Now run to the hardware store to get washers and tiny magnets to use as a pin back. Regular pin backs can damage the pin and are difficult to adhere.