Some fonts are from the Stampin' Up! Font CDs (version 1 and 2) and other fonts are ones I've downloaded from the internet throughout the years. I used Microsoft Publisher to place my text where I desired and then printed it on Acetate. (I used the kind made they make special for ink jet printers.) Then I painted the back side of the acetate with the Gold Encore re-inker using the SU! wide brush (watercolor brush Flat item #100894). The Reinker doesn't dry on Acetate (not even when heated) but it is the brightest gold I've found so I'm using it. Besides it is being backed with white card stock so it won't allow for any smudging. I sketched the school's mascot, the knight, and scanned that into my computer so I could easily print the image out white card stock for mass producing.
In a different version I had stamped images of the diploma, grad cap and tassel on the white card stock and then layered the painted acetate on top. I liked that one better because it "screams" graduation but my son likes the knight better and since it is for HIS graduation I'll go with the design he likes most. :) I'm not sure you can see it but I love the way the image is sort of 3-D behind the words and gold "paint". Very groovy!!
Date: Saturday, May 7, 2005 GMT Views: 963