Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Ways to Use It (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/ways-use-f46/)
-   -   WT626 ~ The Eyes Have It! 3/9/17 (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/ways-use-f46/wt626-%7E-eyes-have-3-9-17-a-t616635.html)

Covington Crafter 03-04-2017 09:19 PM

WT626 ~ The Eyes Have It! 3/9/17

2 Attachment(s)
It's Thursday, welcome to another Ways to Use It Challenge. Carla here as your hostess. This week, I'm looking for eyes and/or eyeglasses on your cards to commemorate Save Your Vision Week.

I have a good time finding obscure holidays as challenge inspirations. However, this one has a serious side and strikes close to home. My grandma lost her sight to glaucoma when she was in her early 70s. She couldn't read anymore, see a sunrise and hardest for her, see her family. The only way she saw most of her grandchildren was by running her hands over our faces. It's hard for me to imagine her loss.

We take our vision for granted, yet it brings so much pleasure while we're crafting and viewing each others' creations. So, please take these preventive measures to help preserve the precious gift of sight!

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.spl...e15702b22.jpegWear your sunglasses and safety glasses. https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.spl...e9020a81a.jpeg

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.spl...6755d935d.jpegEat a healthy diet. These five foods are linked to vision health; carrots, leafy greens, eggs, citrus fruits, berries, almonds and fatty fish.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.spl...f8f0ac956.jpeg
And if you haven't recently, make an appointment with your optometrist or ophthalmologist!

Protect those Baby Blues, Beautiful Brown, Gorgeous Green, Heavenly Hazel and Glorious Grey eyes!!!
Now, go have some fun making cards with eyes and glasses, we sure did! I'm looking forward to your creations. When you upload your card to the gallery be sure to use WT626 as the keyword. Then come back to this thread and share a link to your card. It makes it easy for people to find you.

Here's a link to my sample Ahhhgggg, I missed another birthday!

If you're not sure how to add a link, here's how:
1. Open 2 windows or tabs: one for your card in the gallery, and one for this thread
2. In this thread, click on reply and type anything you want to show before the link.
3. Go to your card window. Highlight the address for your card. (It says www. splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto..... and so on)
4. Click EDIT. Click COPY.
5. Come back to this thread. Click PASTE.

Here's a link to the WT626 The Eyes Have It! gallery. Take a look and leave some love!
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.spl...85be0e0ff7.png

And thank you to Lisa and Sabrina for their marvelous sampes, great minds definitely think alike!

parknslide 03-08-2017 09:11 PM

Just made an ATC that perfectly fits today's theme: WT626-Pi Day by parknslide - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Cook22 03-08-2017 09:17 PM

Great challenge, Carla.I used a dictionary page featuring the French for glasses.

WT626 I Can See Clearly Now! by Cook22

I'm visiting my dad today, but I'll be able to check the gallery while on the train home...if I'm not sleeping!

parknslide 03-08-2017 09:24 PM

Here's another ATC I made today that fits this week's theme: WT626-Instant Karma by parknslide - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

snowmanqueen 03-08-2017 10:35 PM

Fun challenge, here's mine:WT626 Don't Worry by snowmanqueen - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

sistersandie 03-09-2017 01:44 AM

A timely reminder - thank you team

WT626 ~ Chic by sistersandie - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Sandie
x

yellowrose46 03-09-2017 03:49 AM

Carla, you are so right. Our sight is a precious gift of God and we need to appreciate it and protect it. I was ready to upload a card when I saw Sabrina's bird card and realised that I could other than human eyes on a card, so I am linking it to this challenge.Kiss me! by yellowrose46 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Kiss me! inside by yellowrose46 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Precious Kitty 03-09-2017 04:20 AM

Carla this was a wonderful idea for today's challenge!

I know it is a bit early for Easter, but I love this woman's face, it reminds me of Mary who found that Jesus had risen. Her eyes are deep, don't you think?

WT626 He is Risen!

bubblestx4 03-09-2017 05:36 AM

Five operations on these old eyes to save enough of my vision that I can still craft! I am SO grateful to the doctors that continue to monitor me bi-monthly to make sure I have the best vision possible in spite of family anomalies - We've come all long way since my Grandpas's day!! Here's my card:

LOOK at You by bubblestx4 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Crafty Julia 03-09-2017 06:08 AM

WT626 Great Greens

Went with a quilted card with a collage effect, using green shades as my dominant color scheme. Added a jolly elf (or is he a leprechaun?) alongside my girl, dressed in her St. Patrick's Day dress. Here's Great Greens

jojot 03-09-2017 06:40 AM

here is mine

PEEPERS

thanks for looking

Crafty Julia 03-09-2017 06:46 AM

WT626 It's Holly!

Went with the iconic photo of Audrey Hepburn as Holly in Breakfast at Tiffany's. Love these glasses! Taken from an advertisement. Here's It's Holly!

peeps321 03-09-2017 07:24 AM

The eyes have it!

Terrific challenge today Carla....got to use a crazy bird you sent me :cool:

Sassy Specs

tessaduck 03-09-2017 07:27 AM

truly CAS: WT626 it's clear to see

justwritedesigns 03-09-2017 07:51 AM

Thanks for the fun challenge, Carla! Here's my Party Frogs. Thanks so much for looking.

AnniePanda 03-09-2017 08:29 AM

Here is mine, and it's already been mailed!
WT626 So Chic HB by AnniePanda - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

snietje 03-09-2017 08:30 AM

super challenge, that's how I imagine myself in the morning, I wear glasses but I don't need them to cut or stamp so I'm always searching...

here is my card

eyes on spring by snietje - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Snietje

Shoe Girl 03-09-2017 08:46 AM

Super fun challenge Carla. I finally played with my TH birds that I have had for months and not used yet. LOL!

Birthday Boy!

Stamperrobin 03-09-2017 09:09 AM

Thanks for the tips on healthy foods, lucky me I usually eat all those things!Thanks for the fun challenge.

SC WT Super! by Stamperrobin - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Thanks for looking!

sleepyinseattle 03-09-2017 10:25 AM

Carla, I love this challenge! What a great idea and another reason to be thankful each day, for the precious gift of sight.

Here is my card:
Long to See You by sleepyinseattle - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

cjzim 03-09-2017 10:39 AM

Great challenge today. I have an eye disease that has pretty much destroyed my peripheral vision, so I certainly know the value of our eyes. Hoping to keep that central vision so I can continue to make cards, read and do all the other things I love.

Young at Heart...

Crafty Julia 03-09-2017 03:17 PM

WT626 CC625 Loving Owls

Had to go with some big eyed owls for today's challenge- die cut and perched on a dry embossed "tree branch"- made from a Starbucks' food wrapper (the clean part of course). Added some curry yellow and kelly green for this week's color challenge too. Here's Loving Owls

stampersandee 03-09-2017 04:51 PM

Thank you Carla for a fun challenge! Here is mine:

WT626, Out of This World! by stampersandee - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

pvilbaum 03-09-2017 08:40 PM

Wow! Upload problems tonight after not one last night. Crazy!
But I finally made it work.
Professor Party by pvilbaum - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

tessaduck 03-10-2017 01:01 PM

another: F4A368 reservations

Crafty Julia 03-11-2017 09:32 AM

IC588 WT626 Carp Fish

I know the title's redundant, but work for me! I was inspired by this piece- but felt it also belonged in this challenge due to the big eye! Here's Carp Fish

Shirleysgirl 03-11-2017 12:34 PM

What a fantastic challenge idea! I have had these sunglasses done and in my stash for awhile and just hadn't found the right use for them yet and you provided it perfectly with this. I decided to go with two types of glasses with this card. FUN challenge!

Cool Chick by Shirleysgirl - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

jacqueline 03-12-2017 06:46 PM

I love making cards with these little glasses.
Got My Eye On You by jacqueline - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

IndigosMom 03-12-2017 08:16 PM

Here's mine:
WT626 Happy Birthday by IndigosMom - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
I made it with one of my favorite stamps.
Thanks for looking!
JJ

lamoore 03-17-2017 07:36 PM

Late to the party but wanted to post to this challenge as it was fun to look at and I had this card ready to go.

Thanks for looking.

WT626 Aquatic Eyes by lamoore - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers