Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Ways to Use It (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/ways-use-46/)
-   -   WT764 ~ Do You Believe in Magic (10/31/2019) (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/ways-use-46/wt764-%7E-do-you-believe-magic-10-31-2019-a-631129/)

Covington Crafter 10-26-2019 10:58 AM

WT764 ~ Do You Believe in Magic (10/31/2019)

5 Attachment(s)
Carla, here with this week's Ways to Use It Challenge. Not only is today Halloween, it's also National Magic Day. Magic is a performance art entertaining audiences through the creation of illusions. One of the most renowned magicians was Harry Houdini. Best known for his escapist acts, Houdini died on this date in 1926 and this unofficial holiday was created a year after Harry Houdini's death as Houdini Day.

So let's celebrate National Magic day by making cards magical! Create an illusion or use a magical technique or a magical image or commemorate a magical day, so many possibilities. Have fun crafting up some magic and don't forget to say
Abracadabra!!

When you've finished your creation, upload your card with the keyword WT764 and then come back and share a link here - that makes it easy for people to find your card. It's especially appreciated by the hostesses!!

If you're not sure how to add a link, here's how:

1. Open 2 windows or tabs: one for your card in the gallery, and one for this thread.
2. In this thread, click on reply and type anything you want to show before the link.
3. Go to your card window. Highlight the address for your card. (It says www. splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto..... and so on)
4. Click EDIT. Click COPY
5. Go back to this thread. Click PASTE.

Here's the link for our WT764 gallery. Take a look and spread some love around by leaving comments for your fellow crafters!

Thank you Lisa, Sabrina and Toni for your magical samples!

Here are links to my cards.

WT764 Magic Shoes!

WT764 The Magic of Nature

bensarmom 10-30-2019 09:44 PM

Carla,
This was a fun challenge. Here's my card. Now I have that song, Do You Believe In Magic? in my head.

Cook22 10-30-2019 11:11 PM

Here's mine:WT764 The Magic of a Honey Jar

And here's a half-way photo I took quickly last night when I was uploading:

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.spl...f19694f038.jpg

luvtostampstampstamp 10-31-2019 02:57 AM

Here's my card: Believe in the Magic by luvtostampstampstamp - at Splitcoaststampers

jdmommy 10-31-2019 04:58 AM

Couldn't resist!

WT764, Magic Hat by jdmommy - at Splitcoaststampers

snietje 10-31-2019 05:23 AM

Fun challenge here is my Black Magic and 2 little note cards

WT764 My Black Magic by snietje - at Splitcoaststampers

WT764 Tiny Note Cards by snietje - at Splitcoaststampers

mcschmidty 10-31-2019 10:39 AM

Hello

Our plane to Florida is delayed, so I decided to gove this a try. I enjoyed it and will try it again.

HERE is my card

Thanks for a great challenge

Shelly

ArtzadoniStudio 10-31-2019 11:20 AM

WT764 Magic In The Air

So happy I got to play in your fun challenge, Carla. This took a lot longer than anticipated but we all know that's often the case. WT764 Magic In The Air

rcuccia 10-31-2019 12:57 PM

What a fun challenge to do something a little different, Carla. I decided to have a ghost magically twirl through the air - but just between you and me, I used a slider to create the action. Here's my card, Ghostly Magic . Hope you enjoy!
TFL

susanbri 10-31-2019 05:28 PM

Great challenge! Here's mine:

Believe in the Magic by susanbri - at Splitcoaststampers

Have an idea for another one too. Maybe tomorrow.

Vannie 10-31-2019 09:52 PM

I believe in magic! At least the fun of the Magic Snowflake technique.

Snowflake Trio by Vannie - at Splitcoaststampers
I enjoyed doing this Magic Snowflake technique. I used two stamps from SU's The Snowflake Spot set, white embossing powder, and reinkers Almost Amethyst and Bashful Blue to dab on with isopropyl on bamboo cloth dauber (didn't have cotton balls! )

I used the SC733 sketch, with snowflakes as my three feature elements. The sketch had them in two different colors, but since they are snowflakes, I just did a tiny bit of grey chalk on a few points.

I die cut the sentiment.

snietje 11-01-2019 07:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I put this card here too because I used black magic scratch paper to create my snowflakes

MIX353 Let it snow by snietje - at Splitcoaststampers

MiamiKel4 11-02-2019 09:14 PM

Carla - you chose a fun theme this week! Here's my addition to the magic show!

MAGIC

CraftyMerla 01-02-2020 04:12 PM

Better late than never: Here is my card for this challenge:

Golden Sleigh

I used the word Magical in the sentiment. Thanks for Looking!

Chatterbox-1 08-07-2021 06:16 AM

I am playing my "Challenge Catch-up" cardmaking and catching up on my SCS postings as well. This was a much needed birthday card for my oldest daughter finished in early July.

The challenge says to make your card magical...a technique or image. My card hosts a magical unicorn.

Here is my card: Magical Birthday Wishes!