Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Ways to Use It (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/ways-use-46/)
-   -   WT729 ~ Foiled Again! (02/28/19) (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/ways-use-46/wt729-%7E-foiled-again-02-28-19-a-628195/)

Covington Crafter 02-22-2019 11:28 AM

WT729 ~ Foiled Again! (02/28/19)

4 Attachment(s)
Carla here, as this week's Ways to Use It hostess. I think it's appropriate to call my challenge Foiled Again! since this is the third foil challenge in two weeks. Judy (TLC 2/11), Polly (MIX 2/22) and I were on the same wavelength!
I'm looking for foil on your creations. You have lots to choose from. There's aluminum foil, foil tape, foil paper, transfer/deco foil, gilding flakes. And there are lots of techniques available. Adhere aluminum foil to cs and add some dimension, Lydia's cool Foil Tape Transfer technique and transfer foil techniques. Here are some SCS tutorials; Black Ice Technique, Impressions of Tarnished Foil, Gilded Paper, Foiled Images. Have fun and try something new. With all these options, everyone has a chance to play ;)

When you've finished, upload your card or container with the keyword WT729 and then come back and share a link here - that makes it easy for people to find your card. It's especially appreciated by the hostesses!!

If you're not sure how to add a link, here's how:
1. Open 2 windows or tabs: one for your card in the gallery, and one for this thread.
2. In this thread, click on reply and type anything you want to show before the link.
3. Go to your card window. Highlight the address for your card. (It says www. splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto..... and so on)
4. Click EDIT. Click COPY
5. Go back to this thread. Click PASTE.

Here's the link for our WT729 gallery. Take a look and spread some love around by leaving comments for your fellow crafters!
Thank you, Lisa and Sabrina for the fabulous samples!

Here's a link to my card, WT729 Hold on to Each Other.

Cook22 02-27-2019 10:43 PM

We all know how hard metallic finishes are to capture in a photo. This angled shot shows my stamped flowers a bit better. Thanks, Carla, for the incentive to try something new.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.spl...9e99f28812.png

snietje 02-28-2019 12:40 AM

Thank you Carla for making me try the tarnished foil once more with a better result this time

WT729 Under Water by snietje - at Splitcoaststampers

hobbydujour 02-28-2019 03:08 AM

I had fun doing this...but unlikely that I would do it often. I know "foiling" is the new BIG THING in the card making world, but I've too much money invested in my hobby already, that I can't quit.....so I'm not joining the bandwagon on this one. : ) I like the alternatives that you offered, Carla. Thanks.

QAL & FERNS

snietje 02-28-2019 03:46 AM

Here's my second card, I Loved to play!!

WT729 Foiled Half by snietje - at Splitcoaststampers

jdmommy 02-28-2019 04:28 AM

Thanks Carla. Here's mine:

WT729, So Thankful by jdmommy - at Splitcoaststampers

ohmypaper! 02-28-2019 05:22 AM

That is funny that this is the 3rd foil challenge but I am sure everyone will have a blast with it. I always have more ideas for challenges after I have entered a card. This way everyone has a fun excuse to play again with the shiny stuff!

peeps321 02-28-2019 07:39 AM

Carla we are definitely on the same wavelength ;) I was excited to try Lydia's foil transfer technique and I also had to make a card using one of Susie's foil bg....I had a lot of fun making both.

Sweet Friends

Sea Goddess

bensarmom 02-28-2019 09:44 AM

Fun challenge Carla. I haven't played with my foils in a while. Here's my card.

Shirleysgirl 02-28-2019 12:00 PM

Well I'm glad you repeated the foil challenge again because I have been MIA on challenges lately and missed the others. I have been meaning to break out this MFT card kit I bought and these leftover foils were perfect fit...so I have 3 to contribute to your challenge.

Toast You by Shirleysgirl - at Splitcoaststampers
Bottoms Up by Shirleysgirl - at Splitcoaststampers
Cheers to Partners in Wine by Shirleysgirl - at Splitcoaststampers

Art Deco Diva 02-28-2019 12:16 PM

Thank you Carla for the awesome challenge today. Here is my card for the Foil Me challenge: Foiled Christmas by Art Deco Diva - at Splitcoaststampers. Thanks for looking! ~Karen.

susanbri 02-28-2019 01:30 PM

A timely challenge! I got to try out a friend's laminator on the weekend so turned my first attempt at foiling with a stencil into this card:

First Foiled Card

mlj-mlj 02-28-2019 01:40 PM

Here’s my take on “foiled again”. Watercolor Birthday
I combined with Sunday’s FS. TFL!

Luv Flowers 02-28-2019 04:16 PM

Thank you Carla for the challenge that was new to me. New to the Foil... by Luv Flowers - at Splitcoaststampers

pvilbaum 02-28-2019 06:15 PM

Lots of fun with the foil Carla! thanks for bringing it back again.
Tarnished Birthday by pvilbaum - at Splitcoaststampers

pvilbaum 02-28-2019 08:16 PM

Here's another foiled card - a little different technique.
Global Adventure by pvilbaum - at Splitcoaststampers

Preethisc 03-01-2019 11:25 AM

Thank you Carla for this challenge. Here is my card!!
Foiled beautiful by Preethisc - at Splitcoaststampers

Stamperrobin 03-02-2019 12:12 PM

Finally posting my foiled again card.
WT F4A Foiled Spring Flowers -RobinC by Stamperrobin - at Splitcoaststampers
Thanks for looking!

ravengirl 04-02-2019 01:31 PM

I did try the Impressions of Tarnished Foil technique.

Copper Sympathy Bloom

CraftyMerla 05-20-2019 12:52 PM

Here is my card for this challenge:

Golden Butterfly

I love my gold foil. It is so pretty, it took me a while to cut into it. Thanks for the challenge!

Chatterbox-1 03-31-2020 05:46 PM

Playing upload & challenge catch-up, my foil added is an underlay for my focal Christmas tree image panel. Here is my card: Christmas...Joy to All!