Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Ways to Use It (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/ways-use-46/)
-   -   WT709 ~ Create Your Own Collage ~ {10/11/2018} (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/ways-use-46/wt709-%7E-create-your-own-collage-%7E-%7B10-11-2018%7D-626462/)

Cook22 09-17-2018 05:20 AM

WT709 ~ Create Your Own Collage ~ {10/11/2018}

5 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone - happy Thursday to you all. It's my turn to host the WTUI challenge this week, and I would like us to pull out several stamps and make our own collages. PLEASE don't use ready-made collage stamps - they're not what the challenge is about this week. Use at least four different stamps and Create a Collage yourself. It's easy and rewarding.

We have a couple of tutorials in our Resources section ~ Collage Stamping Tutorial 1 and Collage Stamping Tutorial ~ which you may find helpful. But the tip that gave me the most help was from Collette in an earlier WT, where she suggested using 1-2 script or newsprint type of stamp and 2-3 images either sketchy or silhouette. I stopped to think about the few collage stamps I own, and realised that mostly they have an outline image as the focal point and then more stuff for background. So for my second pair of cards, the poinesttias, I stamped and masked a larger poinsettia image before adding in all my background stamping. I guess I more or less did the same on my first set without thinking about it - but I set out with a conscious plan for the poinsettias! Of course a silhouette stamp will work equally well for a main image, if that's what you choose - like Lisa's super trumpet player.

Once you've created your collage, upload it with the keyword WT709, and then come back and share a link here - that makes it easy for people to find your card. The hostesses really appreciate it when you post here.

Here's a link to our WT709 Create Your Own Collage
gallery

Here are links to my samples.

WT709 Vintage Poinsettia

WT709 Manger in the Wood

If you're not sure how to add a link, here's how:
1. Open 2 windows or tabs: one for your card in the gallery, and one for this thread
2. In this thread, click on reply and type anything you want to show before the link.
3. Go to your card window. Highlight the address for your card. (It says www. splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto..... and so on)
4. Click EDIT. Click COPY
5. Go back to this thread. Click PASTE.

Thanks to the team who created great and inspiring samples this week: Lisa, Carla and aToni stamped up a storm.

One4Joy 10-10-2018 07:04 PM

This is a great challenge. And makes me think of my old beloved images in a new way. Thanks for everyone's encouraging examples.

Covington Crafter 10-10-2018 07:40 PM

Thank you Sabrina for the inspiration to combine my fall stamps with a leftover from your August challenge! Here's my card, WT709 Fall Collage.

snietje 10-10-2018 10:44 PM

Here's my card for your fun challenge Sabrina and I love your samples!!

WT709 Collage Owl by snietje - at Splitcoaststampers

One4Joy 10-10-2018 11:20 PM

Here's my collage:Soul Paintings. It was great fun. Thanks so much for the inspiration.

sistersandie 10-11-2018 02:20 AM

I'm resting on a chaise in a darkened room ;) - absolutely loved trying my hand at collage today. Thanks.

WT709 ~ Change by sistersandie - at Splitcoaststampers

Sandie
x

Shoe Girl 10-11-2018 03:37 AM

Super challenge Sabrina. I knew right away what set I was using for this challenge.

WT709 Jazz It Up by Shoe Girl - at Splitcoaststampers

peeps321 10-11-2018 07:30 AM

A collage challenge? Piece of cake! Here's mine:

Victorian Christmas

aztk 10-11-2018 09:22 AM

Gibson Girl collage

hello, thanks for taking a moment to view my card. I hope you enjoy it. ;)

thanks for the fun challenge today. I actually made this card months ago, but thought of it right away, as something i would like to share. Teresa

Gibson Girl collage by aztk - at Splitcoaststampers

cjzim 10-11-2018 10:11 AM

Thanks for a great challenge today, Sabrina. It's been a long time since I did any collage stamping, a technique that I used to use more often ~ it was fun.

Christmas Collage

annsforte3 10-11-2018 10:48 AM

Here's mine!! Light and quick card!

peeps321 10-11-2018 11:10 AM

Here's another one..sort of quick....I did a collage bg.

Dylan Knows

susie australia 10-11-2018 10:26 PM

Sabrina I have learnt so much from you with all the challenges you host. Thank you!!!

WT709 The eyes have it by susie australia - at Splitcoaststampers

cdimick 10-12-2018 10:50 AM

This was just the push I needed to try something that is outside of my comfort zone, thank you, Sabrina!

Tea'rific Day

lovinpaper 10-13-2018 11:17 AM

Here is my collage: WT709 Collage with Pumpkin by lovinpaper - at Splitcoaststampers

I enjoyed it. Now I want to make more.

muscrat 10-14-2018 12:12 PM

I love collage stamping! Here's mine!

WT709 Collage Stamping by muscrat - at Splitcoaststampers

Shirleysgirl 10-15-2018 04:33 PM

I�m getting more comfortable with this technique the more I just let go and see what happens. Sometimes good...sometimes blah....
This one I�m liking so I will share. Thanks for the tutorial links.

Anchorman by Shirleysgirl - at Splitcoaststampers

asweetjewel 10-16-2018 05:44 PM

Thank you Sabrina, this is definitely a challenge for me. Collage stamping can be difficult. Here is my Inspiration Collage

CraftyMerla 05-24-2019 04:55 PM

I hope my card qualifies as a collage. I used for different stamp sets on it.

Daddy Loves

What do you think? Will it work?