Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Ways to Use It (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/ways-use-46/)
-   -   WT485 - For Crayon Out Loud (06/26/14) (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/ways-use-46/wt485-crayon-out-loud-06-26-14-a-589115/)

ravengirl 06-25-2014 11:25 PM

WT485 - For Crayon Out Loud (06/26/14)

3 Attachment(s)
Hello and Happy Thursday!

It's a good thing I have an 8 year old! She provides me with much inspiration. This week's challenge comes from her again. Since I work in a school, I know how school supply lists get sent home at the end of the year. Trust me, my co-worker and I stuffed plenty of them in report cards on the second to the last day of school. What I was surprised to find out this year, is that my 8 year old does not need crayons. Is it just me or does 3rd grade seem a little early to discontinue those waxy columns of joy? The saving grace is that we have the last three years worth of crayons that have been sent home virtually new to enjoy. You are catching my drift by now, aren't you? Today's Ways To Use It challenge is all about crayons. I'm not picky, any kind of crayon will do. You can use the waxy kind or watercolor crayons. You can do a fun technique with crayons or use a crayon image on your project. Just tell me how you worked the crayon into your project.

Below, I have attached a sample from me, Cathy and Sabrina.

Remember to use the keyword, WT485, when uploading your project so we can all see your creations. It helps if you link it up back here too. You can view the entire gallery for this challenge HERE.

Need help linking your project? Follow these instructions!

1. Open 2 windows: One window for your project and one for this thread.
2. In this thread, click on reply and type anything you want to show before the link.
3. Go to your project window. Highlight the address for your project. (It says www. splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto..... and so on)
4. Click EDIT. Click COPY
5. Go back to this thread. Click PASTE.

cathymac 06-26-2014 02:13 AM

What fun I had with this one, Toni! Thanks! Here's my card:
Colorful Cocoa

Biggan 06-26-2014 02:49 AM

Thanks! It was a while ago I used my encaustic wax!

WT485 Daises by Biggan - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Birgit

redi2stamp 06-26-2014 04:25 AM

WT485 Happy Birthday by redi2stamp - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Here's my Happy Birthday card using the crayon resist .. thanks for a great challenge inspiration.

Bailmac 06-26-2014 05:12 AM

Sounds like fun!

Cook22 06-26-2014 05:40 AM

WT485 Sheep in the Meadow
Love your punny title :D.
And I had great fun making my card, too! Thanks, Toni.
Already getting ideas for another couple of things to try, from the gallery.

Clownmom 06-26-2014 06:00 AM

I may have to do this challenge again later; but for now, here are my Ugly Watercolor Lilies.

In my closet Stampin 06-26-2014 07:22 AM

I'm seeing Very Cool cards in the Gallery! Here is mine...Crayon Butterflies

Have a Fabulous day! :)

Crafty Julia 06-26-2014 07:40 AM

WT485 Hi There!

Toni- Great challenge! I had fun getting out my Crayola 64 pack- and using rings of blooms from my stamping buddies. Added a dotted center, and a handwritten sentiment. Here's Hi There!

bensarmom 06-26-2014 08:52 AM

Fun challenge Toni. It's been far too long since I've used my crayons.
Here's my card.

genistamps 06-26-2014 09:05 AM

My little creation today is WT485 Tea Party by genistamps - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

catluvr2 06-26-2014 09:47 AM

Limeade

Thank you Toni for this challenge! I had so much fun using the melted crayon technique I found on YouTube. I made several backgrounds for later use. Her is my Limeade

bensarmom 06-26-2014 10:27 AM

Here's my second attempt with this technique. Having fun with this technique and this stamp set.

tessaduck 06-26-2014 12:08 PM

No wax crayons in my house? Shocking!

WT485 smile by tessaduck - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

NaomiW 06-26-2014 02:28 PM

I have no wax crayons either! Nor stamp images of crayons. Phooey, can't play. :(

Wait, I see people using encaustic wax. Can I use candle wax? Or is that TOOOO many steps away from a crayon?

mamaxsix 06-26-2014 04:26 PM

Used the crayon resist technique to whip up some tags
VBS Thank You Gift

MariLynn 06-26-2014 07:11 PM

I haven't had a chance to look and see what everyone else did for this challenge, but I doubt that anyone else did baby oil - crayon technique. Check out my card:Nacho regular crayon card by MariLynn - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

frenziedstamper 06-26-2014 08:13 PM

I have just recently borrowed my mums aqua crayons to give them a whirl, they are so fun to play with. I made this card today with them Always in My Heart

Stamperrobin 06-27-2014 12:44 PM

here is my crayon resist card
sc wt f4a birds by Stamperrobin - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
thanks for looking

pvilbaum 06-27-2014 05:36 PM

I didn't want to use my watercolor crayons and I had seen Birgit's card before I went off to play so I made this card with crayon bits melted with my heat gun:
Watermelon blossoms by pvilbaum - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

pvilbaum 06-27-2014 08:02 PM

Decided to make another card for the challenge. This time I did crayon resist.
Here is my card:
Baroque Birthday by pvilbaum - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

JBgreendawn 06-27-2014 08:18 PM

ooh I used to use crayons... fun kick in the seat of the pants Thanks Toni!
the only one I had before this morning was just a white one though so, I had messed around with these other "crayons" ( picked up a box of crayola's at a yard sale today so maybe sometime this weekend I will do something different)

WT485 Hopeful Tulips by JBgreendawn - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

stampencamper 06-28-2014 05:10 AM

this posting is the highlight of my day. Are we aging ourselves? how many people are familiar with 'crying out loud'? I love it, and I actually had to 'google' it to see how we used it. It was a statement of frustration, annoyance or impatience at something someone said or did. great challenge, also

justwritedesigns 06-28-2014 08:02 PM

Finally had a chance to play with the melted crayon tech and I LOVED it! Here's my Crayon Birthday. Thanks so much for looking!

asweetjewel 06-30-2014 02:14 PM

Love the punny title-my background was done with watercolor crayons for the embossing folder stamp technique. *WT485 Faux Enamel Bluebird by asweetjewel - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers