Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Ways to Use It (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/ways-use-46/)
-   -   WT454 ~ Em, Boss, To Resist is Not Futile {11/21/2013} (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/ways-use-46/wt454-%7E-em-boss-resist-not-futile-%7B11-21-2013%7D-581200/)

Cook22 11-12-2013 08:12 AM

WT454 ~ Em, Boss, To Resist is Not Futile {11/21/2013}

2 Attachment(s)
It's Sabrina here this week to wish you a Happy Thursday!!

We're talking about various takes on embossing resist today - from the most basic through all the different takes on it. While there are many other resist techniques (and I loved seeing the masking fluid resist cards from my recent "Masked Fun" challenge, we're sticking with the embossing-related resist techniques this week.
I've listed some tutorials from the Resources section below:

Basic Embossing Resist

Watercolour Embossing Resist

Emerging Colour

Mulberry Batik ~ Burned Batik similar techniques, just on different card bases

Puzzle Piece Resist

Joseph's Coat

Magic Snowflake

If you have another technique that combines heat embossing and resist, please feel free to use that and share your technique with us.

I tried the Magic Snowflake with alcohol inks because I didn't see why it wouldn't work with those instead of regular reinkers (given that rubbing alcohol is used in the polished stone part of the process). For me, at least, it didn't work...

I also had a go at Joseph's Coat. Apparently some time in the last 2 days I put white and clear EP in the same jar. So what I got was an odd mix that was part regular embossing resist and part Joseph's Coat. So no sample of that one!!

Be sure to use the keyword WT454 when you're uploading to the gallery, and come back and post a link for us here when you've uploaded your card.

If you're not sure how to link a card to this thread, here's how:
1. Open 2 windows or tabs: one window for your card and one for this thread.
2. In this thread, click on reply and type anything you want to show before the link.
3. Go to your card window. Highlight the address for your card. (It says www. splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto..... and so on)
4. Click EDIT. Click COPY
5. Go back to this thread. Click PASTE.

Here's the link to our WT454 To Resist is Not Futile gallery
My samples:

Emerging from the Blue

Magic Snowflake

sistersandie 11-21-2013 12:50 AM

Thank you Sabrina for today's challenge, here's mine

WT454 ~ Christmas Carol by sistersandie - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Sandie
x

cathymac 11-21-2013 01:39 AM

Thanks for the wonderful challenge, Sabrina! Here are my Salted Snowflakes !

k dunbrook 11-21-2013 02:31 AM

I love these techiques...thanks for a fun challenge.

here is my card:

Snowflake Resist

hobbydujour 11-21-2013 03:36 AM

One of my MOST favorite techniques, Sabrina. Fun challenge for me , for sure! ; ) Thanks.

STARS

Holstein 11-21-2013 03:46 AM

Thanks Sabrina for your challenge today. Here is my card.
WT454 Gold Embossed by Holstein - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Clownmom 11-21-2013 04:29 AM

Sabrina, thanks so much for today's challenge. I learned something new!

Snowflakes and Polished Stone

Precious Kitty 11-21-2013 06:23 AM

This all looks interesting - but going through all the tutorials I find that I do not have everything they are using. But it does look like a fun challenge! maybe next week. :)

niki1 11-21-2013 06:36 AM

Here is my card :
WT454 A Birthday in Autumn by niki1 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
niki

Shadow's Mom 11-21-2013 06:38 AM

Thanks, Sabrina!

WT454 Peaceful Trees

stampinscotsgirl 11-21-2013 06:48 AM

My favorite technique!!! Happy to be able to play along today. Here is my card: Emboss Resist So Thankful by stampinscotsgirl - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Thanks for the challenge :)

Biggan 11-21-2013 06:58 AM

Thanks! Here�s mine;

Trees

TFL!
Birgit

Crafty Julia 11-21-2013 07:24 AM

WT454 Noel, Noel

I used a homemade embossing buddy to reduce the static on my card- corn starch in a sandwich baggie, with little holes poked in it, then sewn into a decorative bag. It worked so well! As for my card: I used SU's Great Groupings for my snowmen, and Big on Christmas for my sentiment. Added some ornaments for fun, and sponged my card. Did some hand coloring on the snowmen. Here's Noel, Noel.

catluvr2 11-21-2013 07:35 AM

Resist

This was a learning experience for me and I have to say I enjoyed it! Participating in challenges sure does broaden your horizons and take you out of your comfort (boring) zone. Here's MY WORLD

Precious Kitty 11-21-2013 08:01 AM

My picture came out yellowish - lighting is not good here. Cloudy and raining. Sabrina, I hope this works for this challenge.

WT454: Silver Maple

I silver embossed the maple leaf, and then took alcohol cotton and dipped it in stamping ink, swiped on the Bamboo Leaves color, then did the same thing with Potter's clay. Afterwards I stamped the sentiment on the card. Hope this qualifies for what we were suppose to do today.

TreasureOiler 11-21-2013 09:20 AM

Great challenge!!!

here is mine:

This World

Thanks for looking!

suen 11-21-2013 09:33 AM

Thanks for thechallenge, Sabrina! Here's mine.

WT454 Embossed Wreath by suen - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Dockside 11-21-2013 09:45 AM

Here is my card with it little bit of resist.

WT454 New Home Resist by Dockside - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

cjzim 11-21-2013 09:49 AM

This is my favorite technique, Sabrina - this card uses the basic Emboss Resist; next I am going to try the Magic Snowflake technique which I have never done before. Thanks for a great challenge, today!

Blue Christmas

Reddyisco 11-21-2013 10:15 AM

Thanks, Sabrina....I love emboss resist! Here's my card.

cjzim 11-21-2013 11:04 AM

Here is a second card for today's challenge; I tried the Magic Snowflake technique -

Magic Snowflake Christmas

Stamperrobin 11-21-2013 11:29 AM

Here is my card and just for your information Sabrina...I missed you while you were away!!
WT454 STAIN GLASS RESIST by Stamperrobin - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers :D

Stamperrobin 11-21-2013 02:10 PM

Here is my second card...it's been hours, I can't figure out why there aren't other post between mine???
WT454 CHRISTMAS BLESSINGS by Stamperrobin - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers :D

bensarmom 11-21-2013 03:06 PM

Here's my card .

momof5sons 11-21-2013 07:10 PM

Thanks to the links to all of those techniques, Sabrina...I hope that you like Evelyn's Garden .

Krafty Kitty 11-21-2013 08:18 PM

I chose to do the classic resist as I do not have a brayer.... (Note to self... add to christmas wish list)

MY CARD

angelladcrockett 11-22-2013 05:27 AM

Thanks for the fun challenge, Sabrina! I LOVE the embossing resist technique!!!!

You Mean The World To Me

genistamps 11-22-2013 08:23 AM

Here is a card from me. Had lots of fun! Thanks for a great challenge!

Emerging Snowflake Trees by genistamps - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

NaomiW 11-22-2013 11:14 AM

Vintage Blue

Here's mine - a soft blue poinsettia embossed in gold! Thanks for a fun challenge!

tessaduck 11-22-2013 02:37 PM

Moving the cat is futile.

1 Attachment(s)
Hey, Sabrina, and a happy Friday to you. Here's my emboss resist card:

F4A196 rock my world by tessaduck - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

-------

Speaking of resistance-- The cat-who-doesn't-care would not budge from my photo corner in a sunny windowsill. If you look closely to the right of the card, you can see is hairy back. Here's the rest of him, including the pulled back "Don't disturb me!" ears:

yellowrose46 11-22-2013 04:44 PM

I have made two cards with the emboss resist technique. I used the magic snowflake technique and because it didn't work like it was supposed to, I ended up with two design panels. the second one is strictly speaking not really emboss resist, but it is a result of it!
Emily's surprise by yellowrose46 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Debossed Resist! by yellowrose46 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Margstamps 11-22-2013 08:55 PM

Tropical Glow by Margstamps - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Here is my card, for the, WT454, Emboss To Resist Is Not Futile challenge. After I looked at all the gorgeous cards in the gallery, I just had to try something kind of new to me. My sweet daughter, guided me with this one. Thanks for this great challenge, and the chance to play at cards, with my daughter, and thanks for looking.
------------------------
Marg.

Margstamps 11-22-2013 09:31 PM

Golden Holy Night by Margstamps - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Here is card #2, for the WT454, Emboss To Resist Is Not Futile challenge. I thought all the cards, in the gallery were so pretty, I just had to try my luck at making one too. I'll be doing this technique again. I had already commented, when I thought , that I wasn't going to make a card, but, I'll come back and comment on the cards I missed, tomorrow . Thanks for a great challenge, and thanks for looking.
--------------------
Marg.

NaomiW 11-24-2013 09:43 AM

Here's another one for ya! Jewel-Toned Christmas ... enjoy!

jodylb 11-25-2013 07:11 PM

I almost forgot to post this - duh!

Hearts in Paris by jodylb - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers