Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-18-2020, 10:19 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 56 Likes on 31 Posts
Default WCW004 6/24/2020

Challenge: Watercolor Wednesday---No Line Watercolor

Gallery for No Line Watercolor on Tutorial at SplitcoaststampersKeyword: WCW004

Hello Crafters! This week our challenge is NO LINE WATERCOLOR.

I love the handpainted look it gives.

I have a SCS tutorial No Line Watercolor on Tutorial at Splitcoaststampersfor this technique. If it doesn't work,  do a search for it and skip down a few spaces to find it. Or, here are some instructions:

Use a light ink for stamping your image so the color you are painting with will take on that color. I used Distress Ink Antique Linen.

If you have Ink on 3 Fadeout no line coloring ink, you could use it. I haven't tried it yet. Just be sure to use something light. I have tried stamping the image with the color/s I am using for the image but mine didn't turn out so great. It's fine if that is your choice.

Choose your palette and lighten your colors with water. I like to build layers by letting them dry or almost between layers and adding more.

Use a clean, wet brush and blend the dark and light colors. For shading, you don't need water or very little.

I am using a hot press watercolor paper. Cold press is more absorbent and not as smooth meaning it takes in the paint quicker. Hot press leaves a bit more time to move the pigment around. Either paper is fine.

We hope you are having fun and so glad for all joining us each week.
My Blog---My Gallery---My PinterestI'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVERDirty Dozen Alumni2014 CAS Spring DT--- Inspiration Challenge Co- Hostess 12/02/17-12/28/19 Watercolor Wednesday Design Team Hebrews 13:2 Brenda

Last edited by Benzi; 06-18-2020 at 10:34 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes