Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Warm Fuzzies (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/warm-fuzzies-430/)
-   -   Thank you letter from a "Cancer Mom" (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/warm-fuzzies-430/thank-you-letter-cancer-mom-582617/)

UnderstandBlue 01-02-2014 06:37 AM

Thank you letter from a "Cancer Mom"

I received the following today:

Hello! I am not sure where to direct this, so I am simply emailing it in hopes that you can post it in the appropriate thread. Our youngest son, who is 13, was diagnosed in September 2013 with an aggressive form of cancer called Ewing's Sarcoma. While at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston near Christmas for our son's surgery (to remove cancerous tumor and bone), I stopped in at the library. Much to my surprise, there was a full basket of BEAUTIFUL, handmade cards at the checkout desk, donated by Splitcoast Stampers! I asked, and I was told that they have a large supply and that all these gorgeous cards were donated regularly and were available for anyone to have. I have missed making cards SO much since my son's treatment began, and I cannot tell you what a joy it was to be able to choose a couple of cards to take with me. I've had to purchase cards to send, and it's just not the same... I found a perfect one in the Splitcoast Stampers basket to send to another "Canc
er Mom" whose daughter was having surgery the following week. Thank you SO much for this wonderful gift and for providing such a blessing to those of us who find ourselves in similar situations. My son has 6 more months of chemotherapy to go at our small local hospital (Covenant Children's Hospital in Lubbock, TX), and he is doing well. Thank you for brightening my day and providing a touch of warmth and kindness in a very large and sterile setting.

stamp_momma 01-02-2014 06:48 AM

LOVE

ravengirl 01-03-2014 09:40 AM

Thanks for sharing this with us all!

vdoyle8 09-14-2014 05:15 PM

That's lovely -- thank you so much for posting it.

DCinkit 09-22-2014 09:24 AM

Thank you for sharing this letter. It inspires us to keep doing what we do with paper & ink.

Benzi 10-01-2014 06:30 AM

How wonderful this mother's day could be brightened by these handmade cards.

pvilbaum 10-08-2014 07:08 AM

It makes me so happy to hear about someone who has receiived or used some of our cards and the feelings the cards give people. I'll go get busy now and make the three that I have to make after being away for two days with appointments etc.

MaryR917 10-10-2014 09:37 AM

Thanks for sharing this letter with all of us Lydia. It made me feel good reading it and knowing that all the cards I have sent in past years are being put to good use at the Andersen Center.

scrapaholic007 10-14-2014 07:43 AM

LOVE. LOVE. LOVE.

scrapbooknut1 10-14-2014 10:29 AM

It make all this so much more rewarding to know that people truly feel touched by everyone's cards.

germanstampler 10-24-2014 02:57 AM

It�s the first year that i participate in HYCCT Challenges. And is there a better recognition than these words ? I say NO ! It�s so nice to know that we can make a little joy with our cards. Thanks for posting this, Lydia.

Shoe Girl 10-24-2014 03:05 AM

So glad to be a part of this to send cards to provide s small gift. This gives me such joy to see how it is touching these families. Thank you for sharing!

stamp300 11-02-2014 05:44 AM

WOW! It's a nice feeling making others happy to receive our handmade cards. That story just made me tear up.

Anne Ryan 10-31-2015 06:18 PM

What a great letter to thank everyone for their efforts. It's really great for stampers to be able to recognize their cards do bring joy to those that receive them.

annsforte3 11-11-2015 09:53 AM

Beautiful letter, makes me even more happier that I am now a part of the HYCCT event! So nice of her to send a letter thanking SCS!!