Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 06:45 AM   #1  
Hardware Hotshot

Default Master Challenge Thread for NOV07VSBN

This is the master challenge thread. All challenges will be posted here. If you have questions or comments on the challenge, please go to the challenge chat thread.

The first challenge will be posted at 11 am CST.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-03-2007, 09:01 AM   #2  
Preggo Brain

Location: Trying to spend as much time as possible watching Xander and Xavier grow and learn!
Smile NOV07VSBNA - Wedding Bells are ringing...

Well, one tradition that I have been creating or carrying on at the moment is getting ready for my wedding. There are so many things that you must do before the BIG DAY! Find the guy, get the ring, pick the dress, pick the bridesmaids dresses, cake, decor, church, music, flowers... oh man the list goes on and on and on....

My challenge to you is to scrap a page about preparing for your wedding. If you don't want to include photos you don't have to, but the journaling better be there!!!!

If you are yet to be married or find the guy scrap a page of what you dream your wedding will be like!

Don't forget to upload your page with the keyword NOV07VSBNA

Have fun and if you have ANY questions PLEASE ask away in the chat thread!

Attached Thumbnails
Master Challenge Thread for NOV07VSBN-bridesmaid-dress-page-1re.jpg   Master Challenge Thread for NOV07VSBN-bridesmaid-dress-page-2re.jpg  

Last edited by arhawg; 11-03-2007 at 09:04 AM..
Old 11-03-2007, 11:00 AM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Our next challenge is from Arin Burdo. Be sure to put NOV07VSBNB on your gallery entry so that we can find it.

Now, many of you know that I think chocolate is a vitamin, so my challenge shouldn't surprise you:

Every holiday needs family; every family needs fudge at the holidays! Bring them together for the perfect scrapbook theme:

"Families are like fudge: mostly sweet with a few nuts."

Scrap pictures of family members acting nutty using this saying on your page. Or journal a nutty family story. Use a color scheme that includes chocolate tones, chocolate designer paper, or chocolate stamping. Bonus points for embellishing with "chocolate chip"-board. (any chipboard will do, but extra bonus points for chocolatey chipboard)

*Warning: please be sure to have edible chocolate nearby during this challenge so you won't be tempted to nibble on your layout.
Attached Thumbnails
Master Challenge Thread for NOV07VSBN-labvsbnfudge.jpg  
Old 11-03-2007, 01:19 PM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

Default Nichole Heady - NOV07VSBNC

http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2007/11/vsbn-coster-min.html

Hello, Ladies! I am thrilled to be participating with you today! The challenge I have prepared for you is pure FUN!
The project in question a unique mini-book. It contains photos and journaling which compare the family traditions of your childhood with those that you have incorporated with your own family today.
-Have you carried on a tradition that you observed as a child? Did you apply your own modern twist?
-Do you have a new tradition that you have started in your own household? What brought about the tradition? How long have you been doing it?
-What was your FAVORITE tradition as a child? What is your favorite now?
-How did you merge the traditions from your spouseʼs family with ones from your own heritage?
-Do you have any traditions that date back more than two generations? Is there any memorabilia or accessories that are associated with this tradition that you have inherited?
The design of the book is flexible to accommodate photos or not. I wanted to provide you with detailed step by step instructions for this project and it was easiest for me to set-up everything within a blog post. Here is a link to my tutorial, created just for all of YOU!
VSBN Coaster Mini-book Tutorial
You can choose to make a replica of my sample or you can branch out and create something totally unique! I am really looking forward to seeing your projects!
xx
Nichole
Old 11-03-2007, 03:00 PM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

Default mholles - NOV07VSBND

Holiday Lights

The holidays are full of lights and glitter. Candles burn, Christmas tree lights twinkle and tinsel sparkles.

Your challenge is to make your page sparkle. Use glitter, rhinestones or other sparkley stuff. I don't usually use a lot of sparkle on my pages, so I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

Be sure to include NOV07VSBND in your keywords so everyone can find your pages. Have fun.
Attached Thumbnails
Master Challenge Thread for NOV07VSBN-img_0237_640x426.jpg  
Old 11-03-2007, 05:00 PM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

Default Jacksonbelle - NOV07VSBNE

Here is our 2nd celebrity Hostess.... Lindsey from Jacksonbelle Embellishments

HELLO!!! I am so excited to be hosting a challenge tonight!! I hope you can all play! My challenge is to use **FELT** This is something that I just started using on my pages and cards and just love it! Seems like you can get felt in just about any shape, size or color these days! I cannot WAIT to see what you come up with!!

Make sure to post NOV07VSBNE in the keyword so I don't miss any of them! Have fun!!
Attached Thumbnails
Master Challenge Thread for NOV07VSBN-autumnblisspage_by_jacksonbelle.jpg  
Old 11-03-2007, 07:00 PM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

Default Salster - NOV07VSBNF

Family Traditions make most of us think about sweet memories. An example that comes to my mind is the first really cold night of the season, roasting marshmallows in the fireplace!!! Well for this challenge I want to take you away from all that. I've provided a sketch, so pictures are a must, but you can easily use generic photos of the people you journal about, or depending on your subject matter, take a few new ones...
Give me your pet peeves, or tell me about something quirky that is a normal part of your family life -- keep it real!

Be sure to put NOV07VSBNF in the keywords so that we can find your challenge.
Attached Thumbnails
Master Challenge Thread for NOV07VSBN-oct07vsbn.jpg  
Old 11-04-2007, 09:02 AM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

Default Use the Good Stuff - NOV07VSBNG

One of my holiday traditions is to use the linen tablecloth, cloth napkins, chargers, sterling silver, china, crystal, etc. In other words "use the good stuff" For my challenge I want you to use something you just HAD to have because it looked so pretty. It's okay if it's not new and you've used from the package or used the stamp before.

AND I want to see at least 3 layers somewhere on your page - it can be photo mat, cardstock/patterned paper, flowers - anything as long as I can see the layers.

Don't forget to put NOV07VSBNG in your keywords when uploading your page(s).
Attached Thumbnails
Master Challenge Thread for NOV07VSBN-page-422a.jpg   Master Challenge Thread for NOV07VSBN-page-454a.jpg  
Old 11-04-2007, 11:00 AM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

Default splrunning - NOV07VSBNH

Now that the weather is cool...I am starting to miss summer. Scrap a page about a tradition you have in the summer. It could be that you eat meals out on your porch or it could be a 4th of July celebration. These are just a couple of ideas...let's see some summer pages! Bonus points if you use glitter.

Be sure and put NOV07VSBNH in the keywords so that we can find your entry.
Attached Thumbnails
Master Challenge Thread for NOV07VSBN-kissing%2520fish.jpg  

Last edited by cricketts; 11-04-2007 at 07:18 PM..
Old 11-04-2007, 01:01 PM   #10  
Hardware Hotshot

Default Becky Fleck - NOV07VSBNI

Our next Celebrity hostess is Becky Fleck from www.pagemaps.com. Becky has provided us with an awesome sketch for a challenge today. Thanks Becky!

Hello all and thank you for asking me to join you today for the November VSBN! Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to create a layout inspired by the following layout sketch:

//www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...13282?cat=4133

The sky is the limit as to what you can do with this sketch. Try rotating it, flipping it, or heck, take it from girly to masculine. If you're feeling really creative, convert it to 8.5x11 if that is your favorite size. Make it seasonal by replacing the butterflies with autumn leaves or holiday embellishments. Don't have a circle cutter? No problem-the round photo can easily be converted to a square.

Remember, sketches are a jump start to a page that encompasses your creative style -- you don't have to follow it to the inch. Do your own thing and have fun with it!

Enjoy the challenge!

Becky

Be sure to put NOV07VSBNI in your keywords when uploading your creation.
Attached Thumbnails
Master Challenge Thread for NOV07VSBN-splitcoaststamperschallenge12x12nov07.jpg  
Old 11-04-2007, 03:08 PM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

Default NOV07VSBNJ

Here's our next challenge from runamok!

I absolutely love this time of year! Fall is in the air and I am already looking forward to Christmas. Growing up in a large family, we had tons of gifts piled under the tree every year, and we made our own tags for gift giving. Some were just pieces of wrapping paper, but some were more creative. Now in my family, we do the same thing, even my DH get into it, writing the funniest tags you have ever read. In honor of this tradition, my challenge is to use tags as the main embelishment on your page. Use any tags you have, or make your own tags from scraps, just use them!

Be sure to put NOV07VSBNJ in the keywords so we can find your entry!
Attached Thumbnails
Master Challenge Thread for NOV07VSBN-what-cute-baby-1.jpg   Master Challenge Thread for NOV07VSBN-what-cute-baby-2.jpg  
Old 11-04-2007, 04:56 PM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

Default NOV07VSBNK

Here's our next challenge - this one's from celebrity hostess Kim van der Sanden with My Favorite Things!! (I'm posting four minutes early because my signal is fading in and out. )

Hi all! So glad you could join me! I created an 8 x 8 Scrapbook page using the MFTSC02 sketch challenge! I don't generally scrap, but really enjoyed making this and found it very easy to transfer from card front design to scrapbook page design! Please remember to add the keyword NOV07VSBNK to your uploaded challenge pages so we can find them and comment away!

Thanks, Kim, for being a part of our VSBN here at Splitcoast!
Attached Thumbnails
Master Challenge Thread for NOV07VSBN-scrapbookpagebrianna.jpg  
Old 11-04-2007, 07:00 PM   #13  
Hardware Hotshot

Default Buckeye Stamper - NOV07VSBNL

Welcome to the last challenge for the weekend. I hope that you've been enjoying yourself.

If you are like my family we sign songs, whether they are made up or ones off the radio, there are certain songs that we always sing. Some of them are in conjunction with the age and development of our kids. We don't sing the songs because of tradition, but they become tradition because we sing them so much. So here is the challenge. I want you to design a page around a song that your family sings. The lyrics to the song MUST be on the page somewhere. Try to have pictures that "show" the song in action. For example if every time you go to the zoo you sing "Lions and tigers and bears, OH MY" then your page would be about the lions, tigers and bears at the zoo and how you always sing that as you cross the bridge into the zoo. Somewhere on your page I want to see a little blurb about the song and the corresponding tradition. And this is more for you than for me, because in 15 years when you are on to other songs and games, this scrapbook page will serve as a reminder of this once fun tradition. My sample page is about a song that we sing to the kids in the car when we are going to their grandparent's house (babcia and dzia dzia). We sing it faster and louder if they are crying! IT is a fun one. It is sung to the tune of the children's bible song about Noah and his ark.

Have fun and remember only two hours. Be sure to put NOV07VSBNL in the keywords.
Attached Thumbnails
Master Challenge Thread for NOV07VSBN-img_5781.jpg  

Last edited by cricketts; 11-04-2007 at 08:00 PM..
Closed Thread