Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   VSBN Archives (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/vsbn-archives-337/)
-   -   Saturday, March 31 8 p.m. Take the Leap: Leap of Faith (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/vsbn-archives-337/saturday-march-31-8-p-m-take-leap-leap-faith-551348/)

lutheran 03-31-2012 03:44 PM

Saturday, March 31 8 p.m. Take the Leap: Leap of Faith

Title: Leap of Faith
Hostess: lutheran (Mary Beth)
Keyword: LeapVSBN08
Day/Date: Saturday, March 31
Time: 8 p.m. EDT

Get our your photos and share with us your Leap of Faith. Changed careers? Moved to a new town? Walked the 3Day? Taken a mission trip? There are monumental events in our lives that truly are a Leap of Faith.

Use journaling to tell the whole story, hide it creatively if you choose. For dessert, add a stamped embellishment or two.

Here is my sample page:
Leap VSNB08 by lutheran - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Here is the Gallery for this challenge.

Uploading instructions:
1. To be considered for VSBN Recognition, ALL VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 p.m. EDT SUNDAY, APRIL 8. 2012.

2. You have a total of 2 working hours to complete the challenge. Please be sure to write your description of how you interpreted this challenge in your upload description.

3. Please use the correct keyword: LeapVSBN08 when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission my not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
It is highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this thread so the host and all visitors see it.
Thank you!
Mary Beth

Mary_Pat419 03-31-2012 04:00 PM

Mary Beth...sent you a PM to edit your keyword in your challenge; there shouldn't be any spaces on LEAPVSBN08.

eeddmm 03-31-2012 04:04 PM

Hi Mary Beth...thanks for hostessing. I haven't done too much that would qualify for something like this. I don't do change too much. The closest I got was when my DH was going to move out of state to start up a new business but it fell through and he moved back before we had sold our house to move! I'll have to think some on this one.

lurasfaith 03-31-2012 04:10 PM

There have been some really cool challenges this weekend and this is no exception!

Mary_Pat419 03-31-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeddmm (Post 19316043)
Hi Mary Beth...thanks for hostessing. I haven't done too much that would qualify for something like this. I don't do change too much. The closest I got was when my DH was going to move out of state to start up a new business but it fell through and he moved back before we had sold our house to move! I'll have to think some on this one.

Terry, I would think raising your dgs would qualify for this!

eeddmm 03-31-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary_Pat419 (Post 19316060)
Terry, I would think raising your dgs would qualify for this!

You know...after I posted that, I did think of raising him since my DH says I had prayed and he was what I got! :) I'm always wary of doing pages about that particular subject because I don't want to hurt my DD's feelings since she wants him back but DGS doesn't want to go and I don't feel it would be in his best interests...so...it's a hard call to create something that really explains how much joy and LOVE we feel having and raising him because she does look at all the pages I post.

Mary_Pat419 03-31-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeddmm (Post 19316066)
You know...after I posted that, I did think of raising him since my DH says I had prayed and he was what I got! :) I'm always wary of doing pages about that particular subject because I don't want to hurt my DD's feelings since she wants him back but DGS doesn't want to go and I don't feel it would be in his best interests...so...it's a hard call to create something that really explains how much joy and LOVE we feel having and raising him because she does look at all the pages I post.

Just stick to the positives, the Blessings and if you want to get more personal do some hidden journaling. Or, use a quote instead of journaling...just some ideas...

smadson 03-31-2012 04:22 PM

I have an idea!
:)
Sharon

eeddmm 03-31-2012 04:29 PM

I'll have to see if I can find a quote that could be the central focus of the page. Thanks for the idea. I might use a book that DGS loves having me read to him titled "I Love You So Much"...it's one of those that he almost has memorized, iykwim!

Mary_Pat419 03-31-2012 04:31 PM

Okay ladies...my eyes are burning...have a great time!!!

Mary_Pat419 03-31-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeddmm (Post 19316090)
I'll have to see if I can find a quote that could be the central focus of the page. Thanks for the idea. I might use a book that DGS loves having me read to him titled "I Love You So Much"...it's one of those that he almost has memorized, iykwim!

I use www.quotegarden.com

lurasfaith 03-31-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeddmm (Post 19316066)

There's no shame in everyone knowing how much you love him. It was also a leap of faith for her to let him go with you so maybe it wouldn't sound hurtful if you included her feelings too. Just a suggestion.;)

lutheran 03-31-2012 04:35 PM

The benefit of lots-journaling on a page is that you need fewer photos and embellishments to fill the space and it is so therapeutic to tell a personal story in great detail. We can sometimes express in writing things we feel in our hearts but may be hard to say outloud.
Right now, I'm working on challenge 07, leap through time.

3Fries 03-31-2012 04:36 PM

I feel like we've taken so many leaps these last few years. Not sure I can scrapbook about them, but I will try - or I will find a "safe" subject ;) I need to go scrounge up some dinner, but I will be back! Great challenge Mary Beth!

lutheran 03-31-2012 04:36 PM

I'm wondering if "leap" can be synonymous with "dive." My daughter leaps into the water, head first, all the time on her dive team. Maybe I can make a dive page fit a leap challenge!
Mary Beth

lurasfaith 03-31-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lutheran (Post 19316117)
I'm wondering if "leap" can be synonymous with "dive." My daughter leaps into the water, head first, all the time on her dive team. Maybe I can make a dive page fit a leap challenge!
Mary Beth

That's a cute idea :D

lutheran 03-31-2012 04:40 PM

Funny, my kids think I should stop scrappin' and chattin' and make some dinner. What is wrong with them?!?!
Mary Beth

arhawg 03-31-2012 04:53 PM

evening all. I am thinking on this one. I might do the last challenge while I think on this one. I have x in bed for the night and X is finishing watching Jay Jay and then he is going to bed. WAHOO! not sure how much longer I can stay up since we do have church tomorrow and I need to finish getting everything ready to go...have learned to have everything ready the night before makes Sunday mornings go SOOOO much better!

lurasfaith 03-31-2012 04:58 PM

Would you believe my DH made dinner and then he and my 2 boys ate ALL of it? They didn't even save me any. I had a tuna salad sandwich. I guess it's nice to know where you stand! lol

lutheran 03-31-2012 05:10 PM

My kids are big enough to make their own dinners (usually freezer to microwave) but if I'm home they expect service. I need to make a page "Leap into Adulthood" with ideas of what they need to start doing to make that leap. It's time.
Mary Beth

smadson 03-31-2012 05:17 PM

I love this challenge, but had a hard time comming up with an idea. I am doing a page on moving my Mom here 6 years ago. That was a leap of faith! For us and her!

Be back.
Sharon

eeddmm 03-31-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lurasfaith (Post 19316112)
There's no shame in everyone knowing how much you love him. It was also a leap of faith for her to let him go with you so maybe it wouldn't sound hurtful if you included her feelings too. Just a suggestion.;)

That's a good suggestion. Mary Pat...that WordGarden site is pretty good. I found quite a few that I liked. Now to see what I can come up with. DGS LOVES to have pages done about and for him so I know whatever I come up with, he will really appreciate it.

THanks all. Now to get him off to bed...he's starting to droop! :)

lurasfaith 03-31-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lutheran (Post 19316220)
My kids are big enough to make their own dinners (usually freezer to microwave) but if I'm home they expect service. I need to make a page "Leap into Adulthood" with ideas of what they need to start doing to make that leap. It's time.
Mary Beth

I might need to borrow some ideas from your page when you get it finished! lol. I have a 16 yr old and a 4 yr old so I will be going through all this stuff again in a few years.

eeddmm 03-31-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lutheran (Post 19316220)
Mary Beth

That would be a good one...wonder what they would think :). My DGS is almost 9 and the last several months, he's been getting his own breakfast on weekends but still lets me know when he's hungry otherwise. And boy, when he goes through growth spurts, there's no keeping food in the house! He can certainly be an eating machine!

3Fries 03-31-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lutheran (Post 19316124)
Funny, my kids think I should stop scrappin' and chattin' and make some dinner. What is wrong with them?!?!
Mary Beth

Hahahah! Tell them to cook for YOU!! ;)

arhawg 03-31-2012 05:31 PM

okay all the talk of food...well...cooking...I need to eat. not sure I ever really had lunch so I need something!:rolleyes:

lutheran 03-31-2012 05:34 PM

Ok. We're all fed, page for other challenge is almost done, Saturday is winding down.
Isn't finishing a page or two the BEST feeling?!?
Mary Beth

smadson 03-31-2012 05:43 PM

Yes the best feeling! Here is my page Moving Mom.

Thank you Mary Beth for the challenge! I might never have looked for these photos and scrapped this. I am feeling so good getting all this scrapping done!

:)
Sharon

arhawg 03-31-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lutheran (Post 19316306)
Ok. We're all fed, page for other challenge is almost done, Saturday is winding down.
Isn't finishing a page or two the BEST feeling?!?
Mary Beth

ABSOLUTELY Mary Beth!

awjmgmom 03-31-2012 05:59 PM

Well, I actually have this challenge done AND I just hit the send button on the final challenge of the night.

check it out over HERE

lurasfaith 03-31-2012 06:17 PM

Hey everyone! Join us for the next challenge! Don't wimp out on us now!! lol

lutheran 03-31-2012 06:24 PM

Signing off for tonight -- checking in the morning for more LEAP OF FAITH stories. Have a fun night of scrapping, everyone!
Mary Beth

3Fries 03-31-2012 07:21 PM

This one took me a long time. I finally decided to use photos from my brother in law's wedding for the challenge. A wedding is a leap of faith indeed!

A wedding leap of faith by 3Fries - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Thanks for a fantastic challenge!

Markey 04-01-2012 06:20 AM

Tell the story with journaling, Let me know if you you think this works for the challenge if not that is ok,

It started with Grandmother Josephine and other grandmothers walking around Lake Superior, each year these grandmothers walked around a different one of the Great lakes. She was joined by other elders, our veterans and many youth.

All the people were working towards the same goal to draw attention, they are putting their faith in each of there fellow human beings to realize the valuable gift G-d gave us, WATER. We are willing to clean up our yard, our neighborhood, our highways; we also need to take care the water we were given to be care takers of it.

Water Walk

laughingLARGE 04-01-2012 10:33 AM

I hadn't gotten around to scrapbooking this photo, because it was such a difficult time in our lives, but it scrapbooks my hubbie's long and hard journey through unemployment. The journaling on the page is more a reflection of him (i.e., his style, not mine), and I wanted to be true to that. He kept statistics and crunched numbers through out his journey (tables, charts, histograms, you name it), and these were some of the numbers. For him, looking at the numbers let him look at successes in an objective fashion (for instance, anticipating that an interview would happen soon, realizing quantitatively that cold calls were more effective than applications).

And I did throw in some stamping as well with the flowers (not too overdone)---I wanted to keep the feel of the page. Finally, the scripture verse at the top is the one that he was led to at the beginning of the search, and it really was only through his faith in God that he got through.

Thanks for the challenge....very cathartic.

Faithful LeapVSBN08 by laughingLARGE - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Astrid

princessp1971 04-05-2012 01:43 PM

Here's mine: DSC00294_by_princessp1971 by princessp1971 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers