Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   VSBN Archives (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/vsbn-archives-337/)
-   -   FEB11VSBNH ~ Saturday, Feb. 5, 2011 ~ 10:00pm ~ It's a Slang Thang! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/vsbn-archives-337/feb11vsbnh-%7E-saturday-feb-5-2011-%7E-10-00pm-%7E-its-slang-thang-519576/)

fmtinsley 02-05-2011 06:00 PM

FEB11VSBNH ~ Saturday, Feb. 5, 2011 ~ 10:00pm ~ It's a Slang Thang!

Title: "It's a Slang Thang!"
Hostess: Michele T. (fmtinsley)
Keyword: FEB11VSBNH
Day/Date: Saturday, February 5, 2011
Time: 10:00 PM (EST)

GROOVY...What comes to mind when you hear or see that word? For me, I immediately think:
1) slang word
2) the 1960s and 1970s
3) peace signs, smiley faces and flower power
4) Shaggy from Scooby Doo

My challenge to you is to find your inspiration from a slang word from the 60's or 70's (60's slang here or 70's slang here) and include the word somewhere on your page. You must also include circles to symbolize peace signs and smiley faces or flowers for "flower power" and the color green to represent Shaggy's shirt color. Can you DIG it? Take it TO THE MAX and let's see your GROOVY, DECKED OUT, FAR OUT, HIP, FAB, ACE, FUNKADELIC, AWESOME pages!

My Sample:STYLIN'

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. To be considered for VSBN Prizes, ALL VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SUNDAY, February 13.

2. You have 2 hours to complete the challenge. Please be sure to write your description of how you interpreted the challenge in your Upload Description.

3. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD FEB11VSBNH when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen by the host and all visitors.

Military Wife 02-05-2011 06:04 PM

Awesome challenge! I currently have 2 challenges on the go but I'll tackle this one soon. Peace out!

cla616 02-05-2011 06:04 PM

great challenge!! Love your sample

princessp1971 02-05-2011 06:04 PM

This is going to be a fun one!

Lmn 02-05-2011 06:08 PM

Yup

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessp1971 (Post 17919486)
This is going to be a fun one!

I found the cutest ribbon with Green Peace signs on it. I bought it last week, now to just figure out how to get it to go with my picts I want to scrap for this, LOL

fmtinsley 02-05-2011 06:10 PM

why is it kids always need your attention when you are trying to get something done with just a couple of minutes to spare?! Now that I'm done where are they? not here!

Annie's Pantry 02-05-2011 06:13 PM

Great challenge... I have an idea for a page, now I just have to find the pictures.

Goegirl 02-05-2011 06:15 PM

Great challenge!

I've given up trying to scrap tonight. Can't find the top of my desk. But I hope to get to some of these this week. I've taught two and have two scrappin' workshops coming up, so I have no excuse!

Lela, you're traveling AND scrapping? Wow!

eeddmm 02-05-2011 06:32 PM

I was thinking that I wish I could find some pics of me from high school. I had this pair of really "cool" purple corduroy bell bottom pants that I wore with a ribbed bodysuit. Remember those? ;) I know some of you won't! And you had the shag haircut style. I'm glad you put a list of words together Michele cause with my age now, I get so confused as to when things were "in" anymore!

Lmn 02-05-2011 06:34 PM

well

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goegirl (Post 17919528)
Great challenge!

I've given up trying to scrap tonight. Can't find the top of my desk. But I hope to get to some of these this week. I've taught two and have two scrappin' workshops coming up, so I have no excuse!

Just up in Michigan for the day/night for a baby shower this aftn. I brought some scrappin' stuff with me so I could play VSBN. We're going to leave early tomorrow morning so I can be home before it starts ;-)

eeddmm 02-05-2011 06:37 PM

I was reading that list of 70's words and phrases. Now I know where I get some of the things I STILL say! My DD pointed out to me once that I tend to end most sentences with "you know". I never realized I did it until she pointed it out! And it's on the LIST! Too funny! So is No Way Jose and No Fake!

vikkijo 02-05-2011 06:44 PM

Oh Dude!

Here's mine!

I hate to do this ladies.. but this old lady needs to go to bed! :)

I'm 42 but I sure feel 92 tonight!
I bought a Breakfast Drop Leaf table for the center of my room today. i got it all assembled and full already! Now I am beat! LOL

I look forward to seeing everyone's pages tomorrow!

MsRabbott 02-05-2011 06:45 PM

I'm working my way through the list, too, and it's funny that some of these are making a comeback!! My 15 year old nephew uses the phrase "sick" all the time! LOL

fmtinsley 02-05-2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goegirl (Post 17919528)
Great challenge!

Glad you got to join us today Kirsten!

Anavon, can't wait to see what you come up with.

princessp1971 02-05-2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lmn (Post 17919497)
I found the cutest ribbon with Green Peace signs on it. I bought it last week, now to just figure out how to get it to go with my picts I want to scrap for this, LOL

Sounds "cool" can't wait to see it!

Lmn 02-05-2011 06:53 PM

oh yeah

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsRabbott (Post 17919648)
I'm working my way through the list, too, and it's funny that some of these are making a comeback!! My 15 year old nephew uses the phrase "sick" all the time! LOL

I was chuckling over many of the 70's list...I can remember some of these ;-)

fmtinsley 02-05-2011 06:53 PM

Great page Vikki!

I can't wait to see what you come up with Lela, Charlsanne and Patti and Rachel!

I was suprised that some of the words on the lists are still used today too.

Lmn 02-05-2011 07:00 PM

hmm

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessp1971 (Post 17919665)
Sounds "cool" can't wait to see it!

It's such cute ribbon but it's not going with this page so I'll have to used it on another :)

princessp1971 02-05-2011 07:06 PM

Here's mine! "GROOVY" TFL

DSC09813_by_princessp1971 by princessp1971 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

princessp1971 02-05-2011 07:20 PM

Sorry to say I am calling it quits with one page to go. I have a terrible headache that just will not ease up. So off to bed I go. See everyone tomorow!

Lmn 02-05-2011 07:29 PM

Good Night

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessp1971 (Post 17919742)
Sorry to say I am calling it quits with one page to go. I have a terrible headache that just will not ease up. So off to bed I go. See everyone tomorow!

I think it's the pressure system moving in here Patti! I've had one all day. I hope you feel better in the morning

MsRabbott 02-05-2011 07:33 PM

Yeah, I too am fading fast. I've been up since 5, so I'm pooped! Hope you ladies have a fantastic night and join us at Noon EST tomorrow for more scrappy fun!! :)

Lmn 02-05-2011 07:38 PM

Good Night!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsRabbott (Post 17919779)
Yeah, I too am fading fast. I've been up since 5, so I'm pooped! Hope you ladies have a fantastic night and join us at Noon EST tomorrow for more scrappy fun!! :)

Catch Ya On the Flip Side :cool:

eeddmm 02-05-2011 07:39 PM

I just got finished with Charlsanne's challenge so I'm going to upload and then off to bed as well. Will work on some more tomorrow once we get back from church.

Goodnight! Excellent challenges so far everyone.

fmtinsley 02-05-2011 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeddmm (Post 17919800)
I just got finished with Charlsanne's challenge so I'm going to upload and then off to bed as well. Will work on some more tomorrow once we get back from church.

Goodnight! Excellent challenges so far everyone.

I'm working on that one too. I don't think I have ever done a page with so much white on it.

fmtinsley 02-05-2011 07:58 PM

I'm off to bed. See everyone tomorrow!

Lmn 02-05-2011 08:14 PM

Good Night

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmtinsley (Post 17919869)
I'm off to bed. See everyone tomorrow!

I hope to upload all my pages tomorrow! :D See you all scrappin' Sunday afternoon

Annie's Pantry 02-05-2011 08:21 PM

Here is my LO for Charlsanne's Challenge, finally!.... DH took forever at work with the camera tonight!

WEDDING DAY - FEB11VSBNG

scrapbooknut1 02-05-2011 09:55 PM

Burn Rubber Baby by scrapbooknut1 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Here is my layout for this challenge. As soon as I read what it was about I knew that I had the perfect pictures. My husband participated in a burn out contest and Won! So the ready, set, go circles rep the peace sign and the green is for shaggy and of course the BURN RUBBER fit right in.

This was fun!

Goegirl 02-06-2011 05:19 AM

Great pages, you guys!

smadson 02-06-2011 12:25 PM

Oh, I loved this challenge! I printed it off last night, but didn't look at it until this morning, instead of the funnies! Hehee! Anyway, immediately thought of our favorite pictures that we see come up on our screen saver. We love them everytime. So , had it planned out, but had to go to church, dinner, etc first. No, I didn't think about it durring church! But as soon as dishes were done, I came down here and did it so fast! This is fasted page I ave done so far. And I almost think it is the best! But that is probably because of the photos!
Here is Flower Child!Thank you for the inspiration!
Sharon

fmtinsley 02-06-2011 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapbooknut1 (Post 17920036)
Burn Rubber Baby by scrapbooknut1 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Here is my layout for this challenge. As soon as I read what it was about I knew that I had the perfect pictures. My husband participated in a burn out contest and Won! So the ready, set, go circles rep the peace sign and the green is for shaggy and of course the BURN RUBBER fit right in.

This was fun!

Fabulous page & perfect for the challenge!

fmtinsley 02-06-2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadson (Post 17921929)
Oh, I loved this challenge! I printed it off last night, but didn't look at it until this morning, instead of the funnies! Hehee! Anyway, immediately thought of our favorite pictures that we see come up on our screen saver. We love them everytime. So , had it planned out, but had to go to church, dinner, etc first. No, I didn't think about it durring church! But as soon as dishes were done, I came down here and did it so fast! This is fasted page I ave done so far. And I almost think it is the best! But that is probably because of the photos!
Here is Flower Child!Thank you for the inspiration!
Sharon

those photos were perfect for the title! I love your page.

makedoandgem 02-11-2011 01:38 AM

Here is mine!
Sweet *** scrapbook page by makedoandgem - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

There is no green on it yet as I couldn't find anything in my stash that worked, but I will do the journalling in Old Olive once I decide what to write!

Mary_Pat419 02-12-2011 12:15 PM

Here is my contribution, tfl!

AWESOME