Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   VSBN Archives (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/vsbn-archives-337/)
-   -   Do You? or Don't You? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/vsbn-archives-337/do-you-dont-you-194227/)

MaryR 10-26-2006 04:31 PM

Do You? or Don't You?

Well let's hear about it! Do You or Don't You? hmmmmm...

Someone asked it in one of the VSBN threads and so I thought I'd post my very first poll!

Do you clean up your scramp area after each challenge or do you work in a frenzy and don't stop to clean up until every challenge is done?

StacyBeth 10-26-2006 04:41 PM

Yeah Mary on your first poll..... and I answered that I put some away as I go.... some things that I know I will use alot.... such as close to cocoa ink, stampin' scrub, sponges, etc.... stay out.... stamp sets or embellishments get put away after use. Otherwise I wouldn't have any workspace!

sapphire1968 10-26-2006 04:44 PM

Yeah Mary! Someday I'll figure out how to do a poll..hehehe
I put some stuff away as I go. I scrap at my computer table so space is limited. I've lost stuff before so if I don't, it would be ten times worse. The stuff I know I'll use I keep out but everything else is with in arms reach.

Scrapbookmonster 10-26-2006 04:46 PM

I voted for putting some of my stuff away. I wouldn't have any work space if I didn't! I do have large and small towers of drawers, tupperware, baskets, old pots, ink storage thingy, etc. either on or under my desk (which is a LARGE corner computer desk) so some stuff is aways "out" but has it's place. I do have to put all paper, markers, and inks back in their places before I start another page...maybe I should have voted for cleaning up before starting another page! opps!

cindy_canada 10-26-2006 05:14 PM

I get things out as I need them and once there's not a single spot left on the table and I get work properly anymore, then I take everything I'm done with and won't be using again back where it belongs and start gathering some new material for the next challenge. There's just no way I could go through all of the challenges without putting some things away in between - I'd just get burried under a mountain of stamps!

Cindy

Salster 10-26-2006 06:10 PM

This is how I voted -- hee hee

Are you kiddin' me?! None of this paper or ink gets put away until every challenge is done! IF then!

...and if then is right, although I actually HAVE tidied up since VSBN! :shock:

Salster 10-26-2006 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cindy_canada
I get things out as I need them and once there's not a single spot left on the table and I get work properly anymore, then I take everything I'm done with and won't be using again back where it belongs and start gathering some new material for the next challenge. There's just no way I could go through all of the challenges without putting some things away in between - I'd just get burried under a mountain of stamps!

Cindy

O.K. well I do put my stamps away, but paper scrapps go in a basket and my inks are on the caddy, so they get put after after each upload so I have the colors handy for reference...I guess I'm not such a slob after all! :cool:

MaryR 10-26-2006 06:50 PM

Oh man - I'm finally not alone in the clean it up baby and THEN start a new challenge! Just one other - but that's company!

Favorite Grandma 10-26-2006 06:56 PM

That was me Mary! I need to clean it up so I have room to dig it all out again! LOL

I always think I am going to use different stamps, inks and papers; but I seem to pull out some of the same ones over and over.

lindalee 10-26-2006 07:42 PM

I take over the dining room and kitchen counters and make a huge mess! Took me about 3 hours to clean up on Monday but it was sooo worth it! :D

basement stamper 10-27-2006 05:25 AM

This is what makes VSBN so fun...right?! I do have to put away SOME of my things after a challenge or it gets in the way and I get confused as to what I'm supposed to be using!! So I leave some things out that I tend to use over all the time and then put things away that I know I only will use for one particular challenge. Make sense?!

I do HAVE to clean it all up though when it's over...it will drive me nuts if I don't!!;) Thanks for starting this Mary!! Very interesting!!

thuskins 10-27-2006 11:49 AM

I make such a mess, I MUST clean after VSBN but I don't put anything away during. That's usually why I use the same products on my layouts, because they are close by. LOL.

Charmed 10-27-2006 12:22 PM

LOL!!!

my area is usually a mess during VSBN :)

My 'idea' of cleaning between challenges is to pile all the stuff related to that challenge on the ironing board that I set up beside my desk for extra 'space' to work with...... aka pile stuff onto :)

However, inks and stamps do get put away between challenges, along with tools like punches, pens ect..... the pile is pretty much all paper.

juliee28 10-29-2006 03:05 AM

Define CLEAN.....LOL I do close my ink pads...hehehe

LaurelW 10-30-2006 09:06 AM

I take things out and don't put anything away until I run out of working space. Then before I start a new challenge some things actually get put away (just the easy stuff to get at and the things I don't expect I'll need anymore) but more of it goes in piles on the floor. Usually I leave the piles until after VSBN, (or until I start to run the wheels of the chair over it when I try to roll myself away from the desk:rolleyes: )

Jeanne S 10-30-2006 09:11 AM

My stamp room looks like a tornado blew through after VSN........lol

BetsyJo 10-30-2006 03:40 PM

I voted for the first one....I totally clean everything all up between projects! I hate it when I start collecting a pile of scraps.....gotta get them back in thier place!

hollerinastamps 10-31-2006 06:15 AM

I'm with the group on clean when you need the space! (Or the table for dinner! hehe) Things which I know I'll only use for a single page get put away when I think about it. Otherwise, it's pretty much all there until I'm done. LOL I do have piles on the chairs around me too...

Misermom 11-01-2006 08:26 PM

I am that person that your mother tried her hardest not to let you grow up to be! I probably still have some scraps left from the pages I did for VSBN still on my table, but I won't find them for some time now. I have since moved on to crisis #2, 3 & 4 and won't be clearing off the table until Monday when I am forced to for my Stamp Club!

There, I said it! Do with it what you will (probably make yourself feel better that you are not such a slob!)

scrown8301 11-03-2006 01:21 PM

I normally put away some of my supplies. (i.e.) the supplies that were just for that challenge.) But I keep out the supplies I know I will need for every challenge. (i.e. the cutter, stampin scrub, stampin mist, etc.) I try to put away everything else though because I find I create better if I can actually find stuff. LOL Maybe that's why I haven't stamped/scrapped in a while. My stamping area is a mess. ;)

stampin-sunnychick 11-03-2006 10:15 PM

I'm a FRENZY kinda gal! I get so into scrampin that I don't want to stop to clean up. I always clean up at the end of a creative night of scrampin!
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryR
Well let's hear about it! Do You or Don't You? hmmmmm...

Someone asked it in one of the VSBN threads and so I thought I'd post my very first poll!

Do you clean up your scramp area after each challenge or do you work in a frenzy and don't stop to clean up until every challenge is done?

MaryR 11-06-2006 03:26 PM

You girls' comments are so funny and what a commentary on our different scrapping/stamping styles! I'm glad to see I'm in good company with Peggy and Betsy and a few others that MUST clean up their space before starting a new challenge!

slprunning 11-09-2006 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juliee28
Define CLEAN.....LOL I do close my ink pads...hehehe

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!