Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-26-2018, 01:29 AM   #121
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLee View Post
Jayne...so very happy to have you along and so glad you enjoyed it!! The main VSN is next month and hope you are ready to jump in again!!

Just wanted to remind you though you do have a whole hour...not only 45 minutes to play!

Thanks Lee for this and I will definitely try next month dependent upon our commitments at home.

I think someone did mention an hour to me but I thought that included posting as well and I thought 45 mins was the time to make the card??

I like the idea of giving myself a time limit and would like to create quicker. Usually the less time I take and the simpler cards I make, they appeal more to me and my friends. Unfortunately I love mixed media but overdo things and it takes way too time to dry things. I've saved some leaves from some flowers and will add those to my compost later LOL.

Happy Monday and thank you
OLW: Tolerance (and throw Commit from 2018 in)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-26-2018, 02:33 AM   #122
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Monday everyone...phew I went in the biggie last weekend...the VSN and still have some challenges to complete. It was awesome and I admire all of the ladies who stayed up late and those who finished all of the challenges...go girls!

I thought I had learnt from the last one but here's what I learnt this time....

- When you read all of the times and explanations of how the VSN works, read again...preferably 3 or more times. I still got the times and instructions wrong LOL

- Definitely have the coffee before you start....it helps the creative process - and make sure the coffee machine is on all day

- Keep biccie and choccies close to hand...to go with the coffee...unless you are having a glass of wine...then get the cheese/dips/nibblies/biccies out

- Send hubby and anyone else at home out for the day You don't need distractions when crafting

- Turn mobile off - see note above - you don't need distractions

- Have takeaway all day - see 2 notes above - you don't need distractions LOL

- Know where your stamps/dies are for a particular challenge or use what you got out in the first place....your craft table doesn't need more

- Take photos in daylight and make sure hands are clean and don't have ink on them

- Go back to note #1 above - read ALL instructions and do as asked. I still forgot to include the challenge keywords in my description but I did manage to post them in the correct threads this time.

Above all, have fun. It's awesome. Thanks ladies who host these. You are amazing.
OLW: Tolerance (and throw Commit from 2018 in)
UnderstandBlue and Cook22 like this post.
Old 11-06-2018, 02:59 AM   #123
Stazon Splitcoast

This was so helpful...I read it from "cover to cover." It really help me understanding what could be pre-done before you starting time the making of your card. I even saw one comments that pre-cutting die-cut is okay as well...RIGHT?

Also, help me learn what to do to organize before starting...great food for thought and doing!
2019 Christmas Card Challenge 3/24. Alphabet Challenge, Round 10 - 7/26.