Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 09-26-2019, 10:31 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Coordinator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 171 Likes on 130 Posts
Exclamation Snow Globe VSN Master Challenge Thread

Challenges will be all posted in here in chronological order as they go live!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 285 Likes on 185 Posts
Default DEC19VSNMINI1 Snow Angels! ~ Fri Nov 15 ~ 5 pm ET

Challenge Title: Snow Angels!
Hostess: berlycece (Kim)
Keyword: DEC19VSNMINI1
Date: Friday Nov 15, 5 pm ET

So, our beloved LuvLee came up with our winter VSN theme, Snow Globe, and I wonder if that's why we got an early snowstorm here in Illinois! LOL About 5 inches of the white stuff fell this past Monday, and with the high winds it did look like a Snow Globe!

When I was a child, I didn't do a lot of outdoor winter activities because of my disability. But I could make snow angels! Plopping down in a huge heap of northern Illinois in the 70's, swinging my arms and legs, and then having one of my big brothers dig me out...what a fabulous memory!

Your challenge: create a card featuring an angel, or even a fairy, something with wings! If you have a stamp of a child making a snow angel, that would be perfect (that's rather specific, which is why angel and fairy stamps work for this too.)

I also want you to feature a bit of sparkle. That could be sequins, rhinestones, dazzling diamonds, shimmer paint. Anything that mimics the shimmer of fresh fallen snow.

View the gallery for this challenge: HERE
View the Snow Globe gallery: HERE
View the Snow Globe Challenge Thread: HERE

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 11 P. M. EST ON Monday, Dec 23.
2. You have 1 hour to complete the challenge, unless otherwise noted.....you do not have to count prep time!
3. We have a special gallery for the Snow Globe VSN.
a) From the "Main Gallery" dropdown list on the first page of the uploader, choose Events and Special Collections.
b) From the Sub-gallery dropdown list, choose Virtual Stamping and Scrapbooking Nights ~ it's the last in the list.
c) From the new sub-gallery dropdown list choose Snow Globe- it's usually the very top of the list.
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
5. Please do not combine VSN challenges...but you may combine any other challenges with a VSN challenge!

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen. THANKS SO MUCH FOR PLAYING ALONG!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DEC19VSNMINI1 Angel.jpg (83.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg DEC19VSNMINI1_by_LuvLee.jpg (99.3 KB, 16 views)
Kim in Illinois, Dirty Dozen Alum, QFTD#207, FS798, VSN Moderator
"Famous Last Words" Spring Virtual Stamp Night, April 19 & 20

Last edited by berlycece; 11-15-2019 at 04:00 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Received 566 Likes on 453 Posts
Default DEC19VSNMINI2 Winter Bird Watching ~ Friday, Nov. 15 ~ 6 pm ET

Challenge Title: Winter Bird Watching
Hostess: Misti (aka Scraperwannabe)
Keyword: DEC19VSNMINI2
Date: Friday, Nov 15 6pm Est

I love winter birds! Since we don't get much snow, the Cardinals & Blue Jays add touches of glorious color. I also have a little obsession with penguins! My challenge to you is to fill the gallery with winter birds.

View the gallery for this challenge:HERE

2. You have 1 hour to complete the challenge, unless otherwise noted.....you do not have to count prep time!
a) From the "Main Gallery" dropdown list on the first page of the uploader, choose Events and Special Collections.
b) From the Sub-gallery dropdown list, choose Virtual Stamping and Scrapbooking Nights ~ it's the last in the list.
c) From the new sub-gallery dropdown list choose Snow Globe- it's usually the very top of the list.
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
5. Please do not combine VSN challenges...but you may combine any other challenges with a VSN challenge!

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen. THANKS SO MUCH FOR PLAYING ALONG!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BAE58A76-955C-4F16-8C61-B478A68C9689.jpg (193.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg DEC19VSNMINI2 Bird.jpg (86.6 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by Scraperwannabe; 11-15-2019 at 02:12 PM..
VSN Coordinator

Default Snow Globe VSN Master Challenge Thread

Challenge Title: Icicles
Hostess: LuvLee (Lee)
Keyword: DEC19VSNMINI3
Date: Friday Nov 15, 7 pm ET

Are you all enjoying the SNOWY VSN theme??? I know I am!! Of course! ;) Our October snowfall alone on our mountain is 34"!!! And a small snow last week added just a few more inches!! We're off to a fabulous winter up here!!

Ok so let's add my challenge to the already amazing ones by Kim and Misti!! Mine is to use icicles in your design! It could be your main image, stamped or digi or sticker, etc. It could be adding icicles hand-drawn if you're talented....I'm not! lol Or add a few icicles like I did with some liquid applique and stickles or glitter!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DEC19VSNMINI3 Ice.jpg (104.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg DEC19VSNMINI3.jpg (152.3 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by berlycece; 11-15-2019 at 03:56 PM..
VSN Coordinator

Default DEC19VSNA Snow Globe ~ Friday, Dec. 13 ~ 5 pm ET

Challenge Title: Snow Globe
Keyword: DEC19VSNA

Date: Friday Dec 13, 5 pm ET

Sometimes I wish seriously I DID live in a snowglobe!!! Although to be fair I often do on our mountain! And it's just sooo pretty!!

So for this challenge I want you to make a snowglobe! I made my little snowglobe scene and photographed it both by itself and with an ornament attached to give the effect of an actual snowglobe. Get creative and have fun with it!! I'm sure there will be some spectacularly awesome creations in this gallery!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DEC19VSNA1.jpg (127.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DEC19VSNA2.jpg (129.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 4E5876B6-F95F-4152-AAD9-DD6CEE9B1B94_by_luvtostampstampstamp.jpg (92.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg C0B73239-AF9E-4A67-A219-DA61A0F5590C_by_luvtostampstampstamp.JPG (143.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DEC19VSNA Globe.jpg (51.7 KB, 9 views)
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DEC19VSNB Land Among the Stars ~ Friday, Dec. 13 ~ 6 pm ET

Challenge Title: Land Among the Stars
Hostess: mollymoo951 (Melissa)
Keyword: DEC19VSNB
Date: Fri, 6:00 pm ET

Backstory for the challenge. In May 2018, I was blessed to receive a cochlear implant! My subsequent & continuing journey through bionic-ness - it has been quite a star studded adventure! One part of this has been attending the bi-annual Cochlear Celebration! The last event was held, where else, in star studded Nashville! Among many things, I came away from the Celebration with this quote:

Clear crisp winter nights and early morning are wonderful times for seeking out & viewing the night sky. Not only would you see a gorgeous moon, you may even see stars and planets.

Your challenge. Create a star shaped project or use stars on your project. You can make a star shaped page divider for your December Daily album, star tags for gifts, a star studded scrapbook page and, oh yeah, even a star shaped card. How about a star shaped card created using partial die cutting. You can even create a scene using the moon and the stars! How gorgeous would that be? Challenge yourself to do more than just stick one star on a card and call it done - let's make this a star studded project!

Time limit. 1 hour if you make a card or tag; 2 hours if you make a scrapbook page.

2. You have 1 hour to complete this challenge if you choose to make a card or tag. 2 hours to complete the challenge if you choose to make a scrapbook page. You do not have to count prep time!
a) From the "Main Gallery" drop down list on the first page of the uploader, choose Events and Special Collections.
b) From the Sub-gallery drop down list, choose Virtual Stamping and Scrapbooking Nights ~ it's the last in the list.
c) From the new sub-gallery drop down list choose Snow Globe - it's usually the very top of the list.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your project is seen. THANKS SO MUCH FOR PLAYING ALONG!!!

Never give up, just practice, stay positive and have fun!

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,113 Likes on 967 Posts
Default DEC19VSNC Build A Snowman ~ Friday, Dec. 13 ~ 7 pm ET

Challenge Title: Build a Snowman without stamps
Hostess: Melody - aka lacyquilter
Keyword: DEC19VSNC
Date: Friday, December 13 -- 7:00 pm ET

For many people, winter is a favorite season. There are many ways to enjoy the snow, and making snowmen is one of them. My challenge for you is to build a snowman, but there's a catch.

NO SNOWMAN STAMPS, PLEASE!

Just like being out in the snow, rolling the snowballs for your snowman, I want you to make your snowman from circles. Use circle dies or punches, or hand cut some circles, and build a snowman. Just remember, do not use snowman stamps. It is OK to use sentiment stamps.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2439.jpg (120.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2434.jpg (131.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg luvtostampstampstamp.JPG (171.2 KB, 8 views)
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
luvstochatchatCHAT

Received 1,411 Likes on 707 Posts
Default DEC19VSND Throw on the Layers ~ Friday, Dec. 13 ~ 8 pm ET

Challenge Title: Throw On the layers
Hostess: Luvtostampstampstamp (Rebekah)
Keyword: DEC19VSND
Date: Friday, November 13 - 8:00 pm

Layer away! Either with paper or images or cute little wintery people or animals layered up for the cold. I can’t wait to see your spin on layers! My card sample at the bottom includes the one image from a set that was the inspiration for my challenge.

Bonus points for keeping your card CAS!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 62F9132E-1007-4FDB-ABD4-DD8F26C20853.jpg (137.0 KB, 6 views)
Old 10-31-2019, 11:25 AM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 4,932 Likes on 3,826 Posts
Arrow DEC19VSNE Celebrating the Elf Tradition ~ Friday, Dec. 13 ~ 9 pm ET

Challenge Title: Celebrating The Elf Tradition
Hostess: Jeanette - aka Forest Ranger
Keyword: DEC19VSNE
Date: Friday, December 13 - 9:00 pm ET

Challenge: At our house, we celebrate a lot of winter (okay, make that Christmas) traditions. One of our traditions settles around the “Elf Thing” (a cloth wall hanging with 24 little pockets in it). It faithfully gets placed on the wall on December 1st and the Elf visits daily until Christmas, leaving behind a piece of candy for our son Brock’s enjoyment (he's the only one of our three children still living at home).

This is actually a tradition we started when my husband came home from a mission trip to Denmark when our sons were just toddlers and our family had not yet been blessed with our daughter. The "Elf Thing" (our name for it, not theirs) is a common tradition in Denmark that we enjoy as well.

In celebration of our Elf tradition, I’d like to challenge everyone to make a card with an elf on it. If you don’t have an elf stamp or designer paper, etc. to choose from (*gasp) then create a card based on one of your winter traditions, but be sure to tell us what the tradition is.

Some samples to inspire you...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0185.jpg (54.0 KB, 6 views)
DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 285 Likes on 185 Posts
Default DEC19VSNF ~ Warm up with a Hot Toddy ~ FRI DEC 13 @ 10 PM E.T.

Challenge Title: Warm Up with a Hot Toddy
Hostess: berlycece (Kim)
Keyword: DEC19VSNF
Date: Friday Dec 13, 10 pm ET

By now, we have all spent the afternoon & evening out in the cold. It is late, and we're FREEZING! Time to warm up with a little somethin' special... a "Hot Toddy."

There are lots of varieties, but the part that warms you up is the alcohol. I don't even drink much, but I love the smell of spiced rum on a cold night.

Your challenge: create a card or tag or other project that uses ALCOHOL BASED INK. This can be markers (e.g. Copics, Spectrum Noir) or the liquid in bottles.

You can do a special background, or use markers to color your image. Using an actual mug or cup is not required but it can be a fun touch!

Here are a couple of tutorials to give you ideas:
Alcohol Ink Watercolor Background Tutorial - Splitcoaststampers
Dry Emboss Alcohol Resist Tutorial - Splitcoaststampers
Yupo Winter Scene Tutorial - Splitcoaststampers

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DEC19VSNF Tidings.jpg (100.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DEC19VSNF_by_LuvLee.jpg (148.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 12_13_19_DEC19VSNF_by_Shoe_Girl.jpg (95.9 KB, 2 views)
Kim in Illinois, Dirty Dozen Alum, QFTD#207, FS798, VSN Moderator
"Famous Last Words" Spring Virtual Stamp Night, April 19 & 20
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts
Default DEC19VSNG Snow Unique! ~ Saturday, Dec. 14 ~ 1 pm ET

Challenge Title: Snow Unique!
Hostess:
Kelly - aka MiamiKel4
Keyword: DEC19VSNG
Date: Saturday, December 14 - 1:00 pm ET

Challenge: Snowflakes are a beautiful way to showcase winter and holiday cards. They say that in the molecular forming of a snowflake, no two snowflakes are alike and each one is unique! So, for this challenge, we'll make cards that are 'snow unique' by showcasing a snowflake - a single one - on your card or project as a focal point! No other specifics for the challenge - any colors, added sentiments are all okay - so let's get the winter wonderland started with a unique, single SNOWFLAKE card!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 830 Likes on 584 Posts

Challenge Title: White on White
Hostess: Lisa (Shoe Girl)

Keyword: DEC19VSNI

Date: Saturday, Dec 14, 2019 - 3:00 pm EST

Challenge: When I think of Snow Globes I think of the shaking white balls in the globes and how once they get shook up they all pile up in the bottom creating a beautiful snow bank or a few pile up on the cute scene in the globe. My challenge to you, create a white on white card. I can't wait to see what you create.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12 14 19 DEC19VSNI White.jpg (156.0 KB, 2 views)
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 501 Likes on 222 Posts
Default DEC19VSNJ Waltz of the Snowflakes ~ Saturday, Dec. 14 ~ 4 pm ET

Challenge Title: The Waltz of the Snowflakes
Hostess: fionna51 (Diane)
Keyword: DEC19VSNJ
Date: Saturday, Dec 14, 2019 - 4:00 pm EST

When I think of snowglobes and snow and this time of year, what always comes to mind for me is The Nutcracker. And this challenge is one inspired by a scene from that ballet...the Waltz of the Snowflakes.

To put you in that scene, here's what is happening. At her family's Christmas Eve party, Clara's godfather arrives late bringing toy soldiers for her brother and a nutcracker for her. The children are sent to bed and Clara begins to dream. The soldiers, led by the nutcracker, are battling the mice, led by their king. The nutcracker wins the day after Clara throws her shoe at the mouse king.
The nutcracker then places his own crown on Clara's head. She is transformed into a princess and the nutcracker into a prince, and he leads her to the Land of Snow. They dance, surrounded by a flurry of snowflakes.

YOUR CHALLENGE: Create a card or project inspired by this dance and scene from the ballet, The Nutcracker. Here are some pictures to get your creative juices flowing. You might choose the colors, the falling, swirling snowflakes, the forest scene (oh, my, that scenery from the Pennsylvania Ballet is GORGEOUS!), the prince and princess theme, the pretty dresses, the nutcracker himself...whatever might jump to mind.

Children's book by Ella MacKay

Painting by P Buckley Moss

Central Florida Ballet

Ballet West, New York City

Pennsylvania Ballet

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Img_4094.jpg (162.0 KB, 3 views)
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess & DSS Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Default DEC19VSNK Curling ~ Saturday, Dec. 14 ~ 5 pm ET

Challenge Title: Curling
Hostess: Dawnmercedes
Keyword: VSNDEC19K
Date: December 14, 2019 5pm EST

What is round, slippery and heavy just like a snow globe?

Why... a curling stone of course! During the winter Olympics, many Americans are mesmerized by this winter sport!

For this challenge, let's do some curling on your cards.
Curl some ribbon with your heat tool -OR- Curl paper with the Quilling Technique!

For Heated Organdy Ribbon Technique:
Use organdy ribbon and tie double or single ribbons. Double is a fuller effect. Then start heating carefully with your heat tool. Some ribbons curl real quick and others take awhile. Just be careful not to burn fingers or ribbon.
Other tutorials:
Crinkle Ribbon Flower Tutorial
Quilling Tutorial
Crash Course in Quilling Techniques

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 160 Likes on 105 Posts

Challenge Title: Let's Go Skiing!
Hostess: Jennifrann (Jen)
Keyword:
DEC19VSNL
Date:
December 14, 2019 6pm EST

My husband spends three months of the year riding his mountain bike in the woods (sometimes even down mountains), but he doesn't really know what to do with himself during the winter. I've been hearing for months that maybe he'll take up skiing this winter. My answer: just go already!

So let's do it. Let's go skiing, or snowboarding, or even ice skating. But just go already :cool:

Challenge:
include skiing, snowboarding, ice skating, or some other outdoor winter sport on your card.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Skis the Day.jpg (61.2 KB, 4 views)
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Sunny Days

Challenge Title: Sunny Days
Hostess: UnderstandBlue
Keyword: DEC19VSNM
Date: December 14, 2019 7 pm EST

If you live in Central Texas, winters are sunny & warm! If you live in Australia, your summer is during our winter.

So my challenge to you is to create a Christmas/Holiday card that features YELLOW as it's primary color! That's right - time to crawl out of that red and green box called the comfort zone and stretch your color muscles!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg OCB Blog.jpg (63.0 KB, 5 views)
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 501 Likes on 222 Posts

Challenge Title: Moonlight on the Snow
Hostess: fionna51 (Diane)
Keyword: DEC19VSNN
Date: Saturday, Dec 14, 2019 - 8:00 pm EST

I love the look of freshly fallen snow under the full moon. It has the most wonderful sparkle! We are only a couple of days after the December full moon (12/12 at 12:12am, believe it or not!) so I'm sure it will still be sparkly on the snow tonight.

YOUR CHALLENGE: Make a card with some SPARKLE! It could be glitter or shimmer sprays or sparkly embossing powder or shiny sequins or metallic paper or ...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Img_4092.jpg (151.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Img_4093.jpg (122.4 KB, 6 views)
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
VSN Coordinator

Challenge Title: Warm and Cozy
Keyword: DEC19VSNO
Date: Saturday, Dec 14, 2019 - 9:00 pm EST

For a little twist..... this challenge is to make a card inspired by something you like to do INDOORS during the cold weather!! If you don't get snowy freezing weather where you live....imagine what you WOULD like to do inside during a cold, blustery day! One of my favorite things is to snuggle under a soft blanket with the woodstove crackling and sip hot tea and read!!

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Default DEC19VSNP All is Calm ~ Saturday, Dec. 14 ~ 10 pm ET

Challenge Title: All is Calm
Hostess: Scraperwannabe (Misti)
Keyword: DEC19VSNP
Date: Saturday, Dec 14, 2019 - 10:00 pm EST

I love looking at Christmas lights. I enjoy seeing the big drive through displays, the light displays set to music & even the simplicity of plain white lights. My challenge to you is to use Christmas lights of some sort on your project.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9562CEB3-AF74-4501-A066-7AA08852C173.jpg (180.3 KB, 5 views)
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Default DEC19VSNKIDS Homemade Ornaments ~ Saturday, Dec. 14 ~ Noon ET

Challenge Title: Homemade Ornaments
Hostess: Scraperwannabe (Misti)
Keyword: DEC19VSNKIDS
Date: Saturday, Dec 14, 2019 - 12 NOON EST

Get crafty and creative and make any type of homemade ornament! Use buttons, candy, die cuts, glitter and paper.....so many ideas!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg A3623918-C9F7-4C81-AEF3-2DE12662C867.jpg (68.2 KB, 6 views)