Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Virtual Stamp Night Archive (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/virtual-stamp-night-archive-f327/)
-   -   MAR12VSNO ~ Sat. March 10th ~ 10pm EST ~ Spring Pop Up Card (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/virtual-stamp-night-archive-f327/mar12vsno-%7E-sat-march-10th-%7E-10pm-est-%7E-spring-pop-up-card-t550127.html)

scrapperLinsey 03-10-2012 07:00 PM

MAR12VSNO ~ Sat. March 10th ~ 10pm EST ~ Spring Pop Up Card

2 Attachment(s)
Title: SPRING POP UP CARD
Hostess: Linsey (scrapperLinsey)
Keyword: MAR12VSNO
Day/Date: Saturday, MARCH 10th
Time: 10:00pm EST

Oh these winter days seem to drag on and on,
Will those patches of white stuff ever be gone?!
I must find a way to escape this cold place,
and find myself warming up as I enter my craft space.

I look to my left, POP!--brilliant colors of prima flowers fill a glass jar,
I look to my right, POP!--rainbows of ribbons house my ribbon armoire!
Rows of colorful inks, stickles, copics arranged with such care,
Stacks of patterned papers...oh my! Spring inspiration is POPPING UP everywhere!

I realize that creativity is the very best way to beat the winter blues and gloom,
as I sit here in my beloved craft room.
Because no matter what time of year, it can be Spring any day,
Simply let your imagination take you away!

My challenge to you is to make a SPRING THEMED POP UP CARD!
Any variation of a pop-up card! The easy, basic version is available below!
Pop Up Card Tutorial HERE
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE

UPLOADING/CHALLENGE INSTRUCTIONS:
1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00PM EST ON MONDAY, MARCH 12th.
2. You have 45 minutes to complete the challenge.
3. Please remember to put the correct keyword, MAR12VSNO, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Remember not to combine VSN challenges.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this thread to be sure your card is seen.

LuvLee 03-10-2012 07:04 PM

So so sooo cute Lins!!! I hope to play along tomorrow!

LuvLee 03-10-2012 07:05 PM

http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...bbitsmiley.gif Sproing!!!!! :D

scrapperLinsey 03-10-2012 07:06 PM

hehee! thanks Lee! Sounds great, I can't wait to see what you create! :)

Crafty Math Chick 03-10-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvLee (Post 19262530)

[email protected]!! Hee hee!

I have never made one of these before, but I am intrigued and would like to try.

I think Melanie had a cool pop up desk freebie over at Stamp TV too, didn't she?

meerkat3 03-10-2012 07:08 PM

Okay, you know I WANT to play this one, but it's after 10 pm here on the Right Coast, so I'll tackle it tomorrow! :)

ohmypaper! 03-10-2012 07:09 PM

CUUUTE CARD!!! I must be TIRED....your poem made me all emotional!!! I have never made a pop-up before. My mom keeps EVERY card I have ever given her. Before I started making cards I bought her those VERY expensive pop-ups. She told recently, "now Angie, don't buy me anymore of those, yours are just as good and you could make a pop-up!!!!" Gotta love moms!!!!!! So now maybe I should surprise her with a pop up!!!

muzbysmom 03-10-2012 07:10 PM

There are so many different ways to make a card that gores pop..,.

JBgreendawn 03-10-2012 07:11 PM

This was something totally New for me too, I dont look at 3-d type challenges or tutorials as a general rule... and I told my self if you host there is no excuse no matter what to not complete this VSN so this is my very first VSN that I did something for every single challenge.
so, thanks Linsey for pushing me :)

Outside: MAR12VSNO ~ Outside by JBgreendawn - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Inside: MAR12VSNO ~ Inside think spring by JBgreendawn - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Plain Jane 03-10-2012 07:12 PM

Hiya Linsey...just stopped to say hi for right now so you don't feel lonely!

(I'll play a little later, I'm a little behind...as per usual!)

scrapperLinsey 03-10-2012 07:17 PM

HI Jane! Thanks for POPPIN in hehe :)

Stacy, your pop up card is DIVINE! I thank you for going outside of your comfort zone, you're a natural girlie! Love your card!

Thank you ladies for visiting, I can't wait to see all your cards with POP! :)

scrapperLinsey 03-10-2012 07:19 PM

Angie, thank you! Coming up with my poem was fun! hmmm--- I'm thinking this is the perfect time to surprise your sweet Mom with her first Pop Up card! You'll both enjoy it so much! :D

scrapperLinsey 03-10-2012 07:20 PM

Leslie--looking forward to seeing what you come up with :) Sweet dreams!!!

LuvLee 03-10-2012 07:56 PM

Nite Lins! I hope to play before we head to Denver tomorrow! I'm so glad you hosted and what a fabulous challenge! I can't wait to see the gallery!

http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...chboxsmile.gif

istamp31 03-10-2012 08:04 PM

my version, HoneyPop Style:
MAR13VSNO - My Cup of Tea by istamp31 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
MAR13VSNO - My Cup of Tea - Inside by istamp31 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

tessaduck 03-10-2012 08:25 PM

I've made this kind of card frequently, and in different dimensions. This is probably shortest one I've ever made, and I'm not thrilled with the little pop-up frog-- and this late in the game my coloring's off. No excuses... But I finished all but the kid one. I'll borrow a friend's grandchild tomorrow after church. Maybe.

MAR12VSNO Hoppy Surprise by tessaduck - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

RozziH 03-10-2012 09:35 PM

Here is mine!! TFL!!!

Spring VSN - Spring Pop Up Card by RozziH - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Roz

casep 03-11-2012 07:31 AM

I make pop-up birthday cards for the children in my class each year. They love the way they stand up by themselves. Here's my card: Hippity Hop Pop-up by casep - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

scrapperLinsey 03-11-2012 12:05 PM

Oh wow ladies, your pop up cards are FANTASTIC!!! I love them and am enjoying gazing thru the gallery this morning! Thank you all for joining in my challenge and making it a fabulous experience! Keep em coming! Can't wait to see more!!! :D

saffivort 03-11-2012 02:59 PM

Here's my Flower Fusion Spring Card for this challenge.

TFL, Vannessa

Jo Ann F. 03-11-2012 07:57 PM

This was my first try at a pop-up card.
outer view
inner view

scootsv 03-11-2012 08:15 PM

Linsey, thanks for hosting this challenge and for getting me to do something I never did before. I wish I had more time to think and plan. I was tired and sick of making cards, so after a two hour break, I thought I would try this last card. I will do more of these. TFL

MAR12VSNO Fun in the Sun Pop-Up by scootsv - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

MAR12VSNO Fun in the Sun Pop-Up Inside by scootsv - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Margscardcrazy 03-12-2012 06:17 AM

Hi Linsey, I would love to do your challenge but I've run out of time. I will do it but it wont be up in my gallery in time. It's a great challenge.

Cheers